for how long do I 'go easy' with him

isil

Reaction score
Alasdair is seeming more like his normal self now and he's finished his antibiotics today. But we're having problems with his sleeping at night. He keeps waking up an hr or so after going to bed and getting a little upset. When he wasn't poorly, I'd just perservere and usually within half an hr he'd be back asleep again. But I've tried to perservere the last few nights and he's ended up screaming the place down. So I've brought him back downstairs again and got him off to sleep basically by pretending to bf him (dummy against my boob).

But what I'm wondering is, how long is it before this becomes routine and not special because he is poorly? Should I not be doing this now?

I don't think it's helped by the fact that he is having around 5 or 6 upset tummy nappies a day. One is usually just after I bring him downstairs again (so he gets changed) and one seems to be between 4-6am so I have to change him in the night. Should I wait until his tummy settles down before I expect him to be back to his usual routine?

sorry for the long post!

when leeon was poorly over christmas he got into the habit of waking an hour after going to sleep and eventually went back to normal after tears and tantrums lol but hes abit older than your lo id wait till hes fully back to normal with his tummy and everything else first x

We had this when Jack was ill, & it was getting routine for him to wake a good few times through the night where he had been sleeping right through, so I just waited until his snuffy nose had cleared (he had a cold), do there was no real reason why he shouldn't be sleeping, & went back to our usual routine. If he still has a funny stomach, I would probably wait until that settled.

I'm not for CIO ever so....but what I would do is keep him in his room, don't take him out of there because then it can be more like a playtime, or he's missing something by going to bed kwim? So I would keep it dark, try talking to him, rubbing him, something like that to get him back to sleep without picking him up but if he does cry then pick him up and mayb rock him or whatever it is he likes but keep it dark and quiet and get him almost to sleep ad put him back in his bed so he falls asleep the rst of the way on his own

I'm not for CIO ever so....but what I would do is keep him in his room, don't take him out of there because then it can be more like a playtime, or he's missing something by going to bed kwim? So I would keep it dark, try talking to him, rubbing him, something like that to get him back to sleep without picking him up but if he does cry then pick him up and mayb rock him or whatever it is he likes but keep it dark and quiet and get him almost to sleep ad put him back in his bed so he falls asleep the rst of the way on his own

We don't do CIO (I couldn't stand it!) but what I mean is ususally he wakes up and moans a bit, so I put his dummy in, give him his towel (comforter) and he goes back over (even if it takes a couple of times) he's not crying per se, but just moaning. But recently he's been doing that and then all of a sudden getting really upset which is why I've been getting him out.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I think what I'm going to do is continue to get him up when he gets upset but keep him upstairs and change his bum upstairs if he needs it. Then when he is fully recovered I'll try not to get him out of his cot at all. He's still in the room with us so it's not such a big deal in the night when we're there but in the evening when I'm not in bed...well it's hard to know what to do for the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->