for ladies with ANXIETY & PANICK ATTACKS...how r u handling it?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
I suffered with anxiety and panic attacks pre-pregnancy, but i learned to control it a bit & got off the pills before getting pregnant, done a really good job through my pregnancy, but all of a sudden my panic attacks and anxiety came back now to extreme & I'm suffering and don't know what to do. I think it has so much to do wth the fact that I started feeling dizzy a lot and feeling like I'm about to faint so always being scared that I'll faint totally brought my panic attacks to the extreme. Also the due date aproaching May 30th is also making it so much worse, I'm so scared of going into labor & having a panic attack & not being able to calm down...I'll usually feel like not being able to breath, not being able to calm down, shivering A LOT and running to the bathroom constantly. The panic attack scares me more than any type of pain, but of course the whole labor and not knowing what to expect is bring on my extreme panic attacks back & the dizziness that i feel. my anxiety and panic has returned to it's extreme and i don't know what to do??? how are you ladies handling this if anyone has this?? r u taking anything for it?? r u getting worse as the due date approaches???
I'm in such panic mode, i don't know how to help myself & i cry on daily bases because of it and how much it scares me. i can not believe it came back now at it's worst at a time when i need stay calm for labor. any advise?

Breathing exercises, guided meditation and talking every little thing through with mum and oh! Also try talking to dr if u need to huni, look up also about natal hypnotherapy there are some really good bits lol! Im gonna listen to some guided meditation when in labour hopefully zxxxxx

Hi there I suffer with anxiety and when I was due to have my first baby i like you worried thinking how would i cope in labour if i panicked. I was very surprised that when i actually went into labour I didnt panic or feel faint all all, it was if my body was so concentrated on what it had to do and the contraction pains that panic was the last thing on my mind. Sounds weird but thats how it was. I am now panicking again about labour this time around (due next Weds) but not overly so as I imagine i will just get into 'the zone' again this time and concentrate on dealing with the pain more than the panic. I cant even bear to have any painkillers like Pethedine because that would make me panic from the feeling of bring out of control so I will stick to gas and air again this time and see how things go and if all else fails im going for the epidural! Try not to let the panic take over, easier said than done, as honestly when labour does start you will find that your body just gets on with it and you dont really have the time to think about panicking if that makes sense as you are too focused on contractions xxxx

try the paper bag method. With our bumps so high at this stage its easy to feel sob and dizzy and hyperventilate. I had a few rough days and felt really off and startef going down the line of thininking something is wrong with me but i copped what was happening yesterday. I was fine all day and suddenly started feeling so exhausted and weak etc which then made me feel worse! So getting the bag out today to see will it help. Is your pulse rate and respiration high?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->