For mums that have breastfed 2 or more children. Would love your feedback

blondebabe

Reaction score
Hi ladies I have a nearly 4 yr old and I am 12 weeks pregnant.

With my first child I struggled so much with breastfeeding and hoping to be more confident this time around.

Do you have any tips I could try when #2 is born ?
Thanku xxx

The best advice I ever received was just the knowledge that the first 12 weeks are the most demanding, but that it DOES get easier. You won't be nursing your baby every hour her entire first year.

I am nursing #4 currently. Above advice is so true. My first was my hardest. They all have their struggles and even going on 8 days now with #4 I am freshly reminded of the amount of work it is.
My advice is yake it one day at a time. Its easy when you are exhausted to think you can't do it or its never going to end. But the reward of nursing is so worth it IMO.
Also do you have a friend who had succefully bf? I find having someone yo call and run ideas past, etc is a crucial support.

A supportive OH is my thing. I need his help a lot without him helping I don't know where I'd find time to eat or pooh. He brings me food and water if l.o is nursing (which he almost always is) or even sleeping on me he takes ds1 out to play so I can get some quiet time. Without ssomeone to support me I think I'd be lost. It is demanding but so worth it. No half awake midnight bottle peeping just a simple plop of boob into his mouth. (I didn't produce with my first so I ended up bottle feeding him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qpurple547
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->