for once a positive newspaper article about older mothers

Awesome.

I am really interested in the higher IQ link. I wonder what the connection is.
Very interesting for sure.

FYI-I had a patient today that was 46 and 34 weeks with twins. Lovely lady!

Stories like that give me hope Ready:thumbup: I feel like my body is fighting back and I've only just turned 37 so to hear a lady 46 had twins makes me think its possible :):hugs:

Awesome.

Stories like that give me hope Ready:thumbup: I feel like my body is fighting back and I've only just turned 37 so to hear a lady 46 had twins makes me think its possible :):hugs:

I wonder if they were her own eggs? we could easily grow babies for well into our late 40's (and beyond menopause I think too), its just the eggs :growlmad:

If my IVF doesnt work in 3 tries I will be looking into egg donation, just not sure how easy it is to do that. Im assuming that they use young women who are going through IVF and ask them to share eggs and they get compensated? rather than someone who is not doing fertility treatments having to pump themselves with drugs (plus its illegal to sell eggs). If you are 25 and doing IVF for male factor and the retrieve 20 eggs from you and you can save $$$$ by donating some of then perhaps quite a few people do that :shrug:

I think here in the US women do get paid to donate eggs. Kinda like a sperm bank but I could be wrong.

Awesome.

I wonder if they were her own eggs? we could easily grow babies for well into our late 40's (and beyond menopause I think too), its just the eggs :growlmad:

If my IVF doesnt work in 3 tries I will be looking into egg donation, just not sure how easy it is to do that. Im assuming that they use young women who are going through IVF and ask them to share eggs and they get compensated? rather than someone who is not doing fertility treatments having to pump themselves with drugs (plus its illegal to sell eggs). If you are 25 and doing IVF for male factor and the retrieve 20 eggs from you and you can save $$$$ by donating some of then perhaps quite a few people do that :shrug:

No, it was not her own eggs. But, they will be her own babies. She got married at 43 and then had 4 spontaneous pregnancies and miscarriages, so she choose donor eggs. It worked first cycle.
I have had a patient that was 46 with a spontaneous conception though!

You can do donor egg here in the states. It does not need to come from egg share.

You get to choose who you want your donor to be. My friend choose to use a clinic out of state (our state had a 2 year waiting list. Out of state, it was 9 months). She got to choose between about 4 donors.

I really hope that IVF works out for you Sarah and you don't have to worry about donor eggs. Not that it would be bad to use donor eggs, but it would be nice for all of us to catch a break. I think we are all past due for some good fertile luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->