for tho's who wanted to know bout discharge

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
hay

well had my 38wk appointment today BUT it was not my normal midwife as she is on holiday.

I asked her what she thought the white discharge was and why the mw at the hospital was concerned enough to take a swab

her response

'I dont know'

so i said well should i be concerned?

her response

'I dont know'

sorry ladies i tried to find out but seems i ended up with the 'i dont know queen today' :growlmad:

Normally with white discharge what they are concerned about is only a yeast infection- they would take a swab to make sure that it's not an infection. If you don't hear back, then the test was negative.

Definitely not something to worry about hon :)

My MW took a swab a few appointments ago as she noticed a lot of white discharge- it was negative so I'm good to go- hope this helps!

:rofl: :rofl: the I dont know Queen - That made me laugh bless you

Well she would have wound me up - How can she just fob you off with that??
grrr If she caught me on a hormonal day...

Aah perhaps we should all ask at our next appointment and see what we get ;) :) xx

"i dont know" that sounds good haha!! i wouldnt want her any where near me sounds like she aint got a clue.. sayin that when i asked mine i got a shrug and a "it could be one of many" well i just thought u could atleast explain so after asking i just got il take swobs an let you no... recieveing the results i also got "i have no idea" "nothing came up on the results" so some good they are.. might aswell have some girlie of here examining me everytime i go to see midwife cos us girls seem to know more because of this amazing place haha, makes me laugh! :thumbup: xxx

sounds like thrush! i got swabbed a couple of weeks ago as i had the white discharge. came back as thrush, and got given a pessary and cream- was cleared up in a few days!

yeah it was on my other post 'went and got checked'

basically i had been worried since wed last week that my waters may have been leaking, then on friday night got the 'somethings not right feeling' went to hospital sat, they said i'm not leaking but when mw made me cough as she was looking a lot of white discharge was coming out and she was concerned so took a swab.

its not thrush and doesnt show as white discharge on my knickers or pads, it looks like water and up till monday had a rancid smell which has now subsided.

nice answers from your midwife, urgh! sounds a bit like mine!
Keep asking for my blood test results and all i get is "no news is good news"

Keep asking for my blood test results and all i get is "no news is good news"

Yup, that's pretty much standard practice now.

I had my glucose test on Friday and was told "If you don't hear from us by Tuesday, your results are normal"

lol

hi i just popped over from 2nd trimester,i also have very large amount of this white discharge every time i have a speculum they comment on it, but it just looks watery when it comes down, like the thick bit stays around my cervix...its verry strange, every swab comes back clear so i do not know what it is at all xx

Same here Ella - just one of those strange pregnancy things i guess!

Ok, this discharge thing is starting to annoy me (like everything else at the moment, lol). Without sounding too disgusting, for the past week I have been soaked with the white discharge (actually feeling like i've wet myself when i'm walking about - not nice!). Then this morning i went to toilet and when i wiped it was like ewcm??? Kind of stringy and clear. I only just got my head around discharge when ttc and now its back. Does anyone know if this is just a normal change? x

Ok, this discharge thing is starting to annoy me (like everything else at the moment, lol). Without sounding too disgusting, for the past week I have been soaked with the white discharge (actually feeling like i've wet myself when i'm walking about - not nice!). Then this morning i went to toilet and when i wiped it was like ewcm??? Kind of stringy and clear. I only just got my head around discharge when ttc and now its back. Does anyone know if this is just a normal change? x

now i maybe wrong but by what i've read on here it could be a little bit of your mucus plug???? i'm not 100% sure tho, just the stringy bit that makes me think that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->