For those of you that didn't get your period until after you stopped bfeeding...

MaisyMay

Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!
Reaction score
Did you find that your first cycle after you stopped feeding had a shorter than usual luteal phase?
I just had my first cycle after finishing bfeeding my son at 12 and a half months. I ovulated14 days after I stopped, but I started spotting on 10dpo and then got full af this morning (12dpo) so now I'm thinking I have a luteal phase defect and we're ttc so :dohh: Before I had my son my lp was always 14days. I did spot for a day before I got full af, but even with the spotting my lp was 14 days.
So I'm wondering if breastfeeding all this time has shortened my lp and could that mean that it will correct itself next cycle? I know it can shorten your lp while your still bfeeding, but can it do it when you get your first cycle after you've stopped? I think I read somewhere that bfeeding can cause a vit b insufficiency, is this true? I know vit b is linked to the length of lp.
Thank you in advance for your help. Urgh the ttc bandwagon sucks....so stressful :cry:

bump...anyone? I'd really appreciate some advice, or have I posted in the wrong place? x x

I have no personal experience but from what I've heard and read it can take a while for your cycle to get back to normal after you stop. I wouldn't say you have a luteal phase defect, especially if it's only your first cycle since stopping. I know it's difficult but you might need to be patient for your cycle to return back to normal x

As long as your luteal phase is at least ten days, you should have no problem conceiving.

but if I started spotting on 10dpo my luteal phase isn't 10 days is it ? :(

I didn't get my AF back until 15 months, I was still doing one very tiny feed a day. I actually conceived from my first ovulation (no AF) I got my bfp at 10 dpo but began bleeding at 12dpo. Normally my lp would have been 14 or 15 dpo. Obviously the pregnancy might not have worked out for all manner of reasons, nothing to do with LP.

I stopped bfing fully after that and my LP actually went really long for 2 cycles - 16+ days. I conceived my DD2 on cycle 3 after the chemical :flower:

Thank you for your post Amelie. I'm actually a little concerned that I might be having a chemical. I took a test this morning just cos my flow isn't as heavy as it used to be on cd1 and I'm certain there's a faint line and it's pink. I'm having ever so light cramps, normally cd1 I'd be in agony although I've heard that periods are less painful after you've had a baby? I plan on taking b6 on top of my usual prenatals this cycle and I've ordered progesterone cream too. x x

My luteal phase was shorter when i stopped being and came off the pill to try for #2. Not sure if it was the feeding or the type of pill (cerazette) but B6 vitamin supplements sorted it out. Watch out for bright yellow pee though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->