For those of you that shave your lady parts...

SpotlessMind

Reaction score
No, unfortunately I do not have any advice on how to make it any easier! :haha: However, I wanted to share my experience as I just had my daughter on the 23rd and give you a hint :cloud9:

Before I was pregnant, I was always clean shaven "down there." While shaving drove me NUTS once I couldn't see anymore, I just couldn't let it get too out of hand so I'd struggle for quite a while in the shower while it was done. I thought about getting a wax, but really just didn't have the money as they're super expensive everywhere nearby.

Everyone ALWAYS told me, "You don't need to shave for delivery, the doctor won't care" because this is what I WAS worried about. Thinking back, it's true that during the delivery I really wouldn't have cared what my lady parts looked like. Nevertheless, I only had a little stubble when my daughter was born, and I want to tell you why I am SO THANKFUL I shaved, so that you might consider it when people tell you that you don't need to worry about it.

Have you ever had a period when your hair down there was really long? For those of you that don't shave this obviously doesn't apply, but I know for me when I was so used to being clean shaven if it ever got bad around that time of the month, I was miserable. Postpartum blood is no joke, and I was that much less miserable about it because I didn't have to deal with it getting caught in long hair I'm not used to anyway. Shaving is pretty much out of the question after delivery because of soreness, so I just wanted to share why it was worth it for me to "Shave by faith, not by sight." :winkwink:

Your so right! I usually wax down there & since I found out I was pregi I stopped as was to scared!!! I trimmed it etc but was worried about being shaved at the hosp! My friends kept saying no ones going to care if you have hairy legs or hair down there! But I wanted to feel clean ESP with bleeding etc... So I braved it last week and got it all waxed off!!! To be honest it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be! I just told myself if I'm ready to go through la our I can handle wax pain! Now if I go into labour in ready :) if I don't near my due date I will get a quick clean up! As wont be able to go for a while after the baby! ( 36 + 3)

Thank you for that!!!! I'd seriously been pondering doing one more in a few weeks and then just leaving it.... I know exactly what you mean about that time of the month and I HATE it lol. I will DEFINITELY be having a quick go of it as close as possible.
Perhaps even while I'm having contractions and a nice warm shower is recommended haha (might need hubs help with that one :haha:).

I tried letting it go knowing it would be too hard to shave eventually anyway but it drove me crazy!

I ended up "shaving by faith" and will do it again!!

I want to schedule a wax before baby but I'm stuck on when to schedule it.. If I do it now and don't have baby for 4 weeks ugh or I do it later and have baby early, missing my apt? Ugh.

I want to schedule a wax before baby but I'm stuck on when to schedule it.. If I do it now and don't have baby for 4 weeks ugh or I do it later and have baby early, missing my apt? Ugh.

As long as the hair is not super long, which it wouldn't be even 4 weeks after a wax I don't think, the problem I'm talking about wouldn't be an issue in my opinion :)

Hubby and i normally shower together, so after I "shave by faith" I'll usually have him give it a looksy to see if I need to do more lol

I shave by faith even though I feel to tied to do it.. I dont care what the doctors think with shaving or not shaving but it feels better and more hygienic to me.. sweating down there is bad enough with out excess hair adding to it.. it prob wont look perfect but al least it feels free.

I sit on my bathroom floor and use my compact mirror to see what Im doing as shaving by "faith" cause lots of knicks, which KILL

I did the blind shave yesterday and thankfully only ended up with one cut! Woohoo! Mind you, it's not the best work I've done but it feels so much better. :)

I also agree with not caring what the Dr's and nurses think....and that it is just more hygienic and just feels better.

DH offered to start doing it for me, which would be fine, but I'm such a control freak about it.... :/

Amen sister!!! My last pregnancy they told me I couldnt shave like two weeks in advance. I said F that! I shaved one week before she was born and I can barely grow down there as it is lol so it was still VERY short and wasnt as bad when the postpartum blood arrived.

I shave mine all off i hate hair i just sit on the edge of the bath and feel to see if ive missed anywhere i ger OH to shave my legs as its hard with tge bump in the way lol

I got literature from doctor today & apparently if you are having a section, it is recommended you don't shave due to infection risk. I guess a small cut near your incision line could become infected and affect your healing? I shaved the other day so I guess I will just go with the instructions and go natural on Monday morning (but take a razor with me for afterwards)

I was a blind shaver as well, but my spd got so bad I couldn't manoeuvre myself properly. So I had a wax and whilst it didn't hurt during the wax, the next three days were awful. So now I am torn, 3 days of pain for 3/4 weeks of smoothness or no pain and stubble the next day.

I have an epilator so I guess I could use that, but I don't want to catch a lip in it :rofl:

My midwife also told me to stop shaving now due to the same reason, the risk of infection if I end up having a section. I have a trimmer that I can get pretty close with which is the next best thing to shaving. It still drives me nuts though!!

I'm the same, just leaving it be just doesn't feel as clean as when I try to tidy it up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->