For those on insulin for GD

K

Kellya009

Hi ladies,

I was wondering what was the criteria for putting you on insulin?

How many poor readings, how long, and how high were your sugars for you to have been put on insulin?

Thanks!

I was already following a GD type diet when the MFM had me start testing. I had 3 days of numbers over 140 at 1 hour (as high as 190), so she immediately put me on insulin.

Ok so you had no luck controlling it through diet at all? I've had about 3 high 2 hr readings in the past week. Most days I feel like I can control it. But then I'll get a random high reading and it worries me that my dietician will make me do insulin!

Ok so you had no luck controlling it through diet at all? I've had about 3 high 2 hr readings in the past week. Most days I feel like I can control it. But then I'll get a random high reading and it worries me that my dietician will make me do insulin!

The MFM told me any spikes that go above normal can cause issues with the baby including fetal death, since my first died unexpectedly at 27 weeks we are being extra cautious. I had some normal readings, but some too high also. If I ate only meat and low carb veggies my levels were fine, but I was starving and likely leading to ketosis which is also bad for the babies. Insulin is not all that bad. The shots aren't too fun, but most of the time I do barely feel them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->