For those planning to breast feed:

last time I tried to do it in bed, but after a day weeks I was so uncomfortable and was getting really bad neck pain, so I ordered a chair from Ikea, it was sooooooo much better. Even when we switch to bottle feeding at 4/5 months I still used this

My son slept in a cot beside our bed for the first 4 months so when he woke up, I'd just roll over, pick him up and nurse him in bed. I got so used to the bed that once he moved into his own room, I would go get him and bring him back to our bed to nurse. Sounds silly but I only just stopped that last month when he was 15 months and now I go to him, nurse him in my glider in his nursery, and then put him back to bed. I don't know why I didn't do that sooner as it's less walking (lazy I know! haha), less time for him to fully wake up, the room's quieter (hubby snores sometimes lol) and darker, and I really enjoy the motion of the glider too. With my second, I'll start out the same while he/she is in our room and then I'll go to them. :)

I wouldn't bother. In the newborn days for the first 6 weeks atleast, rthe baby cluster feeds for hours and hours. You'll get very bored sitting in a room alone!

if you mean at night, then I did it in bed for the first 6 months then did it sitting up in amelies room (she has a single bed aswell as her cot in her bedroom).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->