For those that had growth scans

lilyd

Reaction score
hi ladies

i just wondered if those of you that had growth scans would mind sharing how accurate they turned out to be? had mine done at 34 weeks (am now 35+4) but was told it could be out by as much as 20% and was curious to know if babies are usually born lighter or heavier than predicted.

many thanks

had mine around 30 weeks predicting around 6-7lb at full term. LO was 9lb 3oz a week late so not very accurate for me

with my son i had a growth scan and he was predicted to be a maximum of 6lbs at birth. He was born weighing 7lb 9oz, he was just long and skinny!

i was sent for scans every two weeks as they thought he was too small and may be premature. born 2 weeks late at 8lb 6oz and been growing on 75th percentile ever since.

I had growth scans due to my GD. Skyla's weight was estimated to be just over 7lb at my last scan at 36+5 and she was always on the top line. When she was born at 39+1 she weighed 7lb 13oz so they weren't actually too far out!

I had about 5 growth scans all saying LO was HUGE (in fact almost off the charts) but they would never give me a weight estimate because of how wqrong they can be. I asked the MW for her opinion and she said going by the charts at least 10lb prob quite a bit more (OH and his bro were 10lb+ and his dad was 12lb8oz). She was overdue and 8lb13oz :)

Way out - he was predicted to be over 10lbs and was actually 6 1/2!

I had a scan to check growth/breech at 34w and the prediction was that Bun would be 9-10lbs (I was 8.5 and OH was 12, so this was no surprise) He was born 4+ weeks early at 6lbs11oz - so very big for his age! Their prediction would have been pretty accurate.
Weird though, my fundal height measurement was always 2+ weeks behind!
xx

I had growth scans every 2 weeks because of GD. The last one I had on a Tuesday and he was estimated at 7lbs 10 and he was born on the Sunday at 8lbs 6

My last growth scan at 33 weeks had LO charted at 5lbs, 1oz and they said he was going to be well over 8.5lbs. He was 7.65 pounds, born at 39w4d..........so they were off, A LOT.

I had 5 and my LO was always in 97th percentile and they estimated him a big 9 if not 10lb baby.

He came a day early weighing 8lb 5oz's.

The only thing that was correct was him having long
legs, hes huge!

Xx

Awful! He's tall and skinny so they were very wrong. He was meant to be 9lb but was 6lb13. They measure the femur length and such and use equations to get the predicted weight so that'll be why. He's non a regular shaped baby, lol.

i was told that i would have a big baby but he was only 7lbs13 he was a nice weight x

A midwife told me that they are about as accurate as measuring somebody in the next room in a swimming pool via a computer monitor!

the last growth scan i had with my baby was at 35 weeks and it was estimated to be around 8 pounds at the time, they estimated the birth weight to be 10.5lbs and baby turned out to be 11lbs and was born at 38 weeks! x

I had one at 38+3 and he weighed in at 6lbs 6oz and I gave birth at 39+6 (I was told he would be be around 7lbs 6oz) and he weighed 6lbs 8 oz

my bump measurements suggested that Logan would be 8lb12 ish when born, but he was born on 25th (due on 23rd, when my waters broke!) weighing 6lb 13 :cloud9: and has stayed small ever since! I notice most mums suggest its the baby positioning that can cause bad measurements, Logan was always on his side so I had a long, flat bump. Might have made him look bigger than he was.
p.s. just a quick tip, dont base the measurements on what baby clothes you buy, I did that mistake and bought babygros too big for him. Have lots of different sizes, then as long as you keep em in the packet you can take back to the shop the ones you dont use :thumbup:

I had a scan at 37 weeks due to breech presentation, they estimated he was 6 lb 8 oz at that stage, they didn't give me an estimate of what he would be at full term, but he was only 6 lb 9 oz when he was born at 39+5, so the scan was obviously quite a bit out.

i had growth scan at 39weeks and they said lexi was 6lb 4oz.......i had her 2 days later and she was 5lb 15oz....so pretty accurate.

my last growth scan at 36 weeks they estimated 8Ibs 4oz

Emilie was 10Ibs 8oz at birth so there were pretty close with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"