For those that had growth scans

My growth scans suggested Andrew would be 2lb when born (29 weeks) but he was only 1lb 6oz.

Lucas was supposed to be over 9 at birth and was 8lbs 14oz so not to far off really but Im glad he was smaller than expected lol and my son Jacob was supposed to be 6lbs at birth by the ultrasound they did the day before I was induced at 36 weeks and he was 7lbs 4oz so they were off by a pound with him :)

i had one the night before i was induced and was very accurate, only a couple of oz out!

I had one almost 3 weeks before DD was born, I was told she was off the chart and would be well over 10lb, she was born 5lb 2oz full term so mine was well off :haha:

I had a scan at 40 weeks, was told Summer was 6lb ish. She was born at 42 weeks weighing 5lb 5oz's!!! x

i had growth scans every 2 weeks because connor had IUGR, i had a growth scan 3 days before i had him and they estimated him at 4lb 14oz, he was born weighing 4lb 8oz so they wernt that far off

I had them every 2 weeks because Emma had a pleural effusion and our last one was when I was 39+4 and she was measured to be ~8.5 lbs and when she was born at 40+2 she was 8lbs 13ozs so it was pretty close. I think the accuracy can depend a lot on how careful the sonographer measures. Having had so many scans, I could see the progression of her weight gain and usually be able to tell who was trying to be super accurate (taking a few measurements and averaging them, etc). Enjoy your scan!

I had a growth scan 5 days before H was born and it was only 2oz out. I don't know how accurate they are over a longer period though.

i didnt have specific growth scans but i had a number of extra scans due to hyperemesis, i was told to expect a larrrrrrrge baby at every one of them, her birth weight was estimated to be 9.5 - 10lb, and she was born 2 days after her due date at 6lb 1oz but LONG!
i wouldnt pay too much attention to them either way
my friend was induced early as they were so worried about babys weight, but when he was born he was over 7lb, almost 4 weeks early!! he was just short in length...

I had mine at 35 weeks and was told if i got to 40 weeks Poppy would be a maximum of 5lb 4oz, she was born at 37 weeks weighing 6lb 10oz! xx

at 33 weeks & 1 day jayden was mean't to be 5lb 9oz, which was 90th-95th centile. He was born 4 days before his due date at 7lb 6.5oz which is an oz & a half short of the 50th centile.. so my little man was perfect size.. he was also 50cms long so it was not his height either. Through my pregnancy they measured my water and said I had polyhydramnios.. when the midwife broke my waters she said ''gosh i was expecting a bit more water than THAT! so it was a bit more than tht x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->