For those using a doppler?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by clarabella, Apr 26, 2009.

1. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

I have a doppler which i got in my last pregnancy, and have avoided the temptation to get it out just yet! I didn't get it until later on in my last pregnancy, so never had an issue with hearing the hb. I read somewhere, that you *might* be able to hear the hb from as early as 9 weeks!! and now i'm starting to lose my willpower! Can you tell me when you first heard the hb? I'll base my decision on whether to try it on your answers! :rofl:

2. babystar

babystar Guest

I still cant hear the heartbeat. But it doesn't bother me :) I will hear it when my body feels its the right time to hear it :)

:hugs:

3. Reason

Reason mum to 2 and 2 Angelbabie

I would be exactly the same, eager to hear babe's heartbeat. I think it depends on which doppler you've got hun. Some of them are not too good even though they say you can hear hb from 12 weeks, its much later. Others are more reliable. I'd have a look at the instructions and see what they say. And if you do give in to temptation, try not to worry if you don't hear it. I know it's easier said than done. When I get the allclear about my little one, I'll be using the doppler everyday for reassurance, lol. x

4. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

i got an angelsounds doppler and cudnt still find HB at 15wk ! i sold it and got a hibebe on n found straight away ........ lots hear HB early on hibebe one x

5. Stardust

Stardust Active Member

Hi

Last year with my 1st pregnancy I bought an Angel sounds doppler and could find the heart beat at 11 weeks 4days.

This year I am pregnant with twins and I could hear it via the doppler at 10 weeks, but with twins the uterus pops up behind the pubic bone earlier.

The best advice I would give is not to try and find it before 12 weeks. Also use enough gel and search across your tummy where the pubic bones ends. It's normally just off center to the left or right.

9 weeks will be to early and you'll just start to worry more if you can't find the heart beat.

Hang in there. :hugs:

Luv
    SD

6. andbabymakes3

andbabymakes3 Just me and my girl

I managed to hold off and didnt order mine until I was 14 weeks. Then I spent 2 weeks listening to my own heartbeat without realising it (yes, very embarrassing!!). It was only when I spent a bit longer having a listen one day that I thought 'ooh whats that other noise?'...it was my baby!
    I'm such a doofus!

7. Cazza89

Cazza89 Mummy of 1,expecting no.2

12 weeks. As long as you are fully aware you might not be able to hear it just yet then you could always try but i wouldn't hold out much hope. Some people can't find it until 16weeks, but some have found it earlier than 12. X