For those who chart..ovulation question

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi girls,

So for those of you who chart AND get ovulation pain - do you get the pain before, during or after ovulation. What does your pain feel like?

My ovulation pain has always felt like a severe stitch on one side but it radiates down into my butt (tmi) which sounds weird but it's almost like someone has shoved a broom stick up my butt. It's very painful. I don't have endometriosis or PCOS.

We DTD Saturday night CD11 and then 1hr later I had excruciating ov pain but I have no idea if that means I was ovulating, or I ovulated the next day or I already had?

By the way my cycles are usually 24-26 days with a luteal phase of 14 days so it is possible I could ovulate on CD11-CD13 - I don't know until I get my period and count back 14 days as it's different every month. Just wanted to see what is more common really, before during or after OV pains.

Thanks for your input xx

honestly it can happen at any time.....I would recommend either BBT or OPK to help track ovulation....I would do that for a few months to see if your pains happen before, during, or after ovulation.....with BBT you will see a strong temp rise followed by 3 days of elevated temps.....with OPK it'll tell you when your LH surge is......sorry I couldn't be more of help to you....

honestly it can happen at any time.....I would recommend either BBT or OPK to help track ovulation....I would do that for a few months to see if your pains happen before, during, or after ovulation.....with BBT you will see a strong temp rise followed by 3 days of elevated temps.....with OPK it'll tell you when your LH surge is......sorry I couldn't be more of help to you....

Thanks Angel - I know I should BBT or use OPK's but I am a big believer in it will happen when it should happen so I don't want to put unnecessary pressure on us by doing that. We were NTNP with our first son, just let nature take it's course and that's what we are doing this time too.

I was more curious than anything about when the pain happens in relation to OV for others :thumbup:

If you have pain before ovulation, it should be from both sides of your pelvis; so if it's onesided, ur definitely ovulating or already ovulated. I think the act of egg coming out of the ovary is pretty quick, and then it's just contractions of the tube to try to move the egg. So if your pain was just one second, that was probably ovulation. If you pain is lasting hours or a few days, then you already ovulated and it's just the egg coming down the tube or something. I read it here: https://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/how-long-after-pain-do-you-ovulate

For personal experience, I've only had ovulation pain for 24 hours last cycle and my temp doesn't rise fully the first day I think so all i know is that I ovulated one of the two days I had pain :) It doesn't super matter to me which day. Any pain you experience ought to be like +/- a day of ovulation.

If you have pain before ovulation, it should be from both sides of your pelvis; so if it's onesided, ur definitely ovulating or already ovulated. I think the act of egg coming out of the ovary is pretty quick, and then it's just contractions of the tube to try to move the egg. So if your pain was just one second, that was probably ovulation. If you pain is lasting hours or a few days, then you already ovulated and it's just the egg coming down the tube or something. I read it here: https://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/how-long-after-pain-do-you-ovulate

For personal experience, I've only had ovulation pain for 24 hours last cycle and my temp doesn't rise fully the first day I think so all i know is that I ovulated one of the two days I had pain :) It doesn't super matter to me which day. Any pain you experience ought to be like +/- a day of ovulation.

Thanks very much psychochick. Now I'm really confused because when I fell pregnant with my first son I had this same pain on a Wednesday at midday (I put it in my calendar) but didn't BD until the next night (Thursday night) so way over 24hrs later. I can't have possibly conceived if I ovulated 30+hrs prior to when we BD. Oh and we only dtd once the whole month so I know it was from that time?

When I have ovulation pain it's usually very short (few seconds of acute pain on one side) and coincides with the same day as ovulation. I often get a temperature dip the same day.

As for the experience conceiving your first, I believe that it's possible to conceive for a couple days after ovulation. Just not as likely - guess it depends on how long it takes for the egg to move down!

Thanks very much psychochick. Now I'm really confused because when I fell pregnant with my first son I had this same pain on a Wednesday at midday (I put it in my calendar) but didn't BD until the next night (Thursday night) so way over 24hrs later. I can't have possibly conceived if I ovulated 30+hrs prior to when we BD. Oh and we only dtd once the whole month so I know it was from that time?

Oh that's interesting. Yeah that is a mystery. I would also have thought that that was too late. But if that's how it is for you, then your pain may precede actual ovulation by some time and it's just your body gearing up for ovulation? I'd say how it works for you is far more accurate than how everybody else's body works :)

So I am now feeling onesided twinges and it is exactly 2 days after my first OPK + so I think this is definitely the act of ovulation. I also chart but I actually don't get ovulation dips so charting isn't super helpful on identifying the exact day :p

Well I guess we can assume that either I had a super egg :haha: or my pain is before I ovulate..

Either way, we dtd a few hours before the pain so if it's 2 days before actual OV or a couple of hours before ov we are in with a chance. Baby dust to all xx

Personally I find its usually the day before. I get a sharp crampy pain, then the next day just one quick sharp pain and then the next day my temp shoots up and it's like "yup! There it was!"

Personally I find its usually the day before. I get a sharp crampy pain, then the next day just one quick sharp pain and then the next day my temp shoots up and it's like "yup! There it was!"

Thanks southernbound. Everyone is so different, but I think for me as well my pain is pre ovulation :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->