For those who combination fed..

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I exclusively breastfed for 15 months and weaned around 2 weeks ago and I'm also almost 20 weeks pregnant. I will be breastfeeding again this time(touchwood) but I would also like to express and have the option of breast milk in a bottle, my 15 month old never took a bottle but I think I left it too late. What age did you introduce a bottle and successfully combination feed? Also any other tips for a successful breastfeeding/bottle feeding experience would really help!:)

I started alternating between bottle and boob as soon as I could express. From around 2 weeks. Both my kids had no problem switching between the two!

I had to use bottles from about 2.5 weeks old because LO wouldn't feed right, and syringe feeding was getting impossible. We were lucky that it didn't cause a bottle preference but I think its recommended to wait till nearer 4 weeks to lessen the likelihood of bottle preference.

I had very low supply from the start and couldn't build it up no matter what so we started combination feeding at two weeks. It took about a month before he figured out that if he rejects the hard labour at the boob, he will be getting the easy way with the bottle. My LL lady said that it can take up to a month for the supply to stabilize according to demand so if that's possible with your LO, I would at least wait until then since I've been told that expressing never produces as much as a child can get when BF properly.

And congratulations on bf that long, I had high hopes but tomorrow will probably be my very last day of bf with my first born.

good luck!

Thank you all, I think it is important to a introduce a bottle when they are still young by the looks of it! I think I waited way too late with my LO and that's why she never took, even now she can't work out how to drink from anything other than a straw cup lol:)

And congratulations on bf that long, I had high hopes but tomorrow will probably be my very last day of bf with my first born.

good luck!

Thank you, but I think it's you that deserve it still continuing to breastfeed for 3 months even tho it's not been an easy journey! Good on you momma, well done:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->