For those who don't like pills: Folic Acid Syrup!

buttercup3

Mama & TTC
Reaction score
I saw this in Tesco this evening, Folic Acid in syrup form! :happydance:

I don't mind pills but another girl was enquiring about them before in another thread so when I saw this I thought I would post it on here.

It was a little 24 hour Tesco (not a Tesco Extra), so I presume it will be in most of their stores.

Also, Tesco have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment on supplements - just went and stocked up :thumbup:

xx

Sounds good:thumbup: I hate tablets and can never swallow them and end up crunching them down or chewing them.

Does anyone know if you can feel any sides effects from folic acid in general? I once read in TTC section a woman saying they gave her hot flushes. Anyone else notice anything?

on ttc there is a tread "the truth about folic acid" may be worth a read !!

Hum, I will have a look. One thing i read in the past is that it works as a contraceptive, surely that must be wrong!

Well reading the thead that you mention, it certainly seems important, that research shows that 95% cases of SB could be prevented is a lot. Come my time I like the idea of necking down the liquid version that buttercup has mentioned

That's interesting, though I wonder how it tastes...

This is great news, I hope it encourages more people to take their folic - though to be fair my 12x normal dose ones are still the tiniest pills I've ever seen. Please try and get into the habit 3 months before TTC. I would prefer that all women of child bearing age take it in case of an oopsie, but I'm now resigned to not always getting my way :)

if anyone has any doubts about the effects of Folic deficiency please read my Rubys story or see nosy_cow, tegan's mama or emmea12uk. It is definitely not a contraceptive and could save the life or health of your child. Rant over :D (That was a bit early for a Sunday morning!!)

xx

Thanks for posting Buttercup! FYI for those WTT their 1st baby you may want to take note of this as sometimes in the early weeks you may not even be able to get a tablet to your lips without gagging with MS, even if you can normally manage to take them easily. I'll be stocking up too!

Ooh good point Whoppy! I have enough Pregnacare to last WTT but when I go back to buy some when we TTC think I'll buy some of this too for those type of days.

I've tried that syrup and it's flavoured weirdly. I personally could taste the fishiness of the omega 3 underneath the synthetic berry taste. I was really averse to the taste, to the point that it made me feel sick, and I didn't finish the bottle. :dohh: I went back to plain folic acid tablets instead!! I bought it from Savers for £1 so it might be worth getting it from there to try so you don't have to pay out a lot if it turns out you don't like it. It's also only 15 days supply per normal sized bottle (150ml I think)!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"