??? For those who have had a miscarriage

Kawi_girl

Reaction score
I know it's a horrible topic for 1st trimester pregnancy forum but I am worried and in new territory. I have been preg 5 times - all pregnancy's were fine, never had bleeding or problems.

At my 8 weeks scan they found 2 sacs but only one live baby with a heart beat. The second sac had fluid and debris. They said I may absorb the sac or pass it.

I started having bleeding, the bleeding is actually not bad at all, really light, I could wear a panty liner it's so light, but it's accompanied by a lot of blood clots, large ones too, and (graphic warning) you can see veins and stuff in it - I have looked no baby - I would think at almost 9 weeks a baby would be noticeable.

I am worried because I have never had a misscariage and this just seems like a lot of blood clots and I guess debris coming out, I'm worried the live baby is being miscarried and its more than just the sac that did not become viable. When you have a miscarriage is it typically accompanied by a lot of bleeding. I just don't have bleeding much, just clots...small and large.

Thoughts? Oh I have a scan on Monday morning since I started bleeding they said to ease my mind and make sure it was the sac without the baby passing.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you :hugs:
I have had a few miscarriages, but never in the situation you are currently in. All I can say is that mine all began with spotting accompanied by very painful lower back cramps and then a heavy flow. Never just clots. Hopefully you find out that it is just the empty sac that is being passed.

Thinking of you <3

I had a mmc at 6+1 and I eventually passed the baby at what would've been 10+5. Mine also started out with really bad stomach and back pain. I didn't lose a massive amount of clots but it was very clear when the baby passed, as the baby was still inside the sac and everything was intact.

Everybody is different but hopefully the clots your passing is just the second sac coming away x

When I had a Mc it started as spotting and got progressively worse than I started feeling sort of contractions and had to push and the sac came out I was about 7ish weeks it was quite painful for me. But think it's different for anyone. Wish you the bestx

That is comforting...that it seems the baby would be recognizable when being passed. There is just so much! It is so worrisome. No baby though.

How long did it last? Like how long from when you first started bleeding to seeing the baby sac come out?

I am sorry for grudging up old memories, it is helpful to me, I just go in the bathroom scared. Long 24 hours until I get that scan :(

Oh I don't have any cramps - some to tinging and a like "pull jerk" (like you feel when you are farther along and pull a uterus muscle) here and there. No cramping tho. Just seems like A LOT of clots coming out, but I started watching the time it's about every 3 hours a large (size of a plum) clot comes out. No bleeding in between. I have never experienced a miscarriage or even twins, and definitly not miscarriage of one twin ( hopefully that's what this is) so I have nothing to compare to. So this compared to no bleeding in my last pregnancies is a lot...I am trying to stay positive.

Thank you for responding. :hugs:

with my MMC at 9 +6 the pain/ contractions was horrendous! I knew when I had passed the fetus as it was quite noticeable. There was also a lot of large clots but continuous bleeding in between. I am sorry you are having to go though this. I wish you all the best!!!

Update: graphic warning:

So I passed the largest clot, like the size of my fist and it had a baby in it. I just still don't know. I don't know if it's the twin baby or the live baby. I have a scan tomorrow morning so I will find out but this is crazy nerve racking. Did I abort the twin or the live baby? This fetus seems more developed but the dr seemed to Catorgorize baby b as no heart beat. But on the first scan she couldn't even see a baby with no heart beat, it was just an oddly shaped sac, it was the specialized second scan where they said it was a sac with fluid and debris. This just seems like the live baby coming out :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 75
There's a girl on another thread who had this happen & it ended up being that she was bleeding due to miscarrying the twin that didn't make it. You will have your answer tomorrow. Hope it's a good outcome for you :hugs:

Fingers x there's a good outcome for you Hun xo

Oh my! I hope that the picture was the baby without the heartbeat and not the healthy one. Fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

Oh my gosh I could have written this post myself. I was thinking about it and then I saw yours. First off I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. It's so stressful. I'm 10 weeks and having the same problem. It started with spotting and now it's clots but no fetus. It's almost like having a very light period but with clots. My dr told me it was probably a vanishing twin but I'm worried sick. I have everything crossed for you. Sounds to me like we are in the same boat. Please post updates!

Wow i cant even imagine what you are going through. I really hope that was the twin and not the live baby.

I hope you get good news today at your scan!!

ahh. i am so sorry this is happening to you. a loss is never easy.

when i miscarried at 7 weeks i had more clots than blood. it was definitely unlike any period i had ever had before..

i hope you get good news today.. but i feel confident that you will!!

hang in there, mama. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->