For those who have recently stopped taking the pill

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
How do you deal with waiting for your cycles to regulate?
I stopped taking microgynon 30 on Jan 29th after 3 months on it and had my withdrawal bleed on Feb 2nd which lasted for 8 days instead of the normal 4.
Now here I am 40 days later and I haven't had my period yet. I know it is totally normal but it's a bit alien to me as I took the pill in my teens for a year and everything went back to normal straight away.
Pretty sure I am not pregnant, had more bfn's than I care to remember but this waiting is driving me crazy.
We are not actively ttc until June which makes me relieved that I came off the pill now to give my body a chance to get regular again before we start.

It's just the waiting for the witch thats driving me mental. I have never wanted my period so much in my life.

hey hun!

I can relate with the waiting.. I stopped taking my pill End of June beginning of July 2009, and my cycles have varied from 28days to 40... im currently on CD 45/6 and waiting for her to arrive.. its doing my nut in!

I am also TTC in june, so she'd better get her act together by then. (I do have PCOS - and that is possibly the main cause for my sporadic periods.) but thats Not to say you have it.. perhaps a nice chat with the Dr, however i'd wait another cycle or two before i went to the docs if I was you.

xxxx

Yeah I was going to wait to see the Dr, like I said, I know it is normal it's just very frustrating, especially as when I came off Birth control before things were back to normal straight away...

ahh well, everything to do with making babies seems to be a waiting game lol

Hi hun, dont quite know how you feel really BUT ive just stopped taking my pill, last month and had withdrawal bleed and now preying that I regulate pretty quickly. Like you was onpill when I was younger and when I came off it i didnt seem to have any problems with irregular periods and just hope its the same this time!! Hope af arrives soon!x

it does my head in..
and then the stress from it doing my head in makes it even worse. bit of a vicious hormonal cycle :s xxxx

Hi hunny! Well where do I start!

I came off Microgynon in July09, was on it from the age of 16 so about 6 years. It is now March and nothing!! :haha: I went to my doctors who had my hormones tested and I had a scan for PCOS since I had some of the symptoms but I am all normal. I had a positive OPK the end of feb and recently the past few days some cramping so I think (finally) AF may be on her way. My doctor couldn't really explain it, except that I was irrgular before I went on the pill so for me, perhaps this is normal. Hopefully it will regulate as I am going potty but we shall see. For me its been a nightmare but for other woman they have gone back to their cycles relatively quickly so its not all doom and gloom.

Its frustrating but patience is a virtue.

Hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->