Forbidden Foods in pregnancy

I've eaten a mcflurry ice cream and that's on the no no list! I couldn't resist

Why is a mcflurry banned? That's ridiculous. Iv personally never got ill from eating a mcflurry and neither has anyone I know either. Think you'll be safe lol x

I really love brie. Been putting it in toasted sandwiches because I think cooking it should be ok.

I've probably had too much caffeine some days but I really don't think that's a big deal.

I'm not crazy strict with these things but try and be sensible. Like cooking things through and not eating anything that has been sitting out too long etc.

I would say that just cos you don't get sick from something doesn't mean baby is safe - they have no defences yet even if your body can tolerate a lot of things.

No I've been good though, as a vegetarian who eats very little dairy, there's not a whole lot I can't eat anyway.

Although...some people claim you shouldn't eat hummus and I've been eating that.

No I've been good though, as a vegetarian who eats very little dairy, there's not a whole lot I can't eat anyway.

Although...some people claim you shouldn't eat hummus and I've been eating that.

We must be due the same day hun :)

Ive been pretty careful but i must admit its stressing me out, esp if im out and want to grab a bite for lunch. Ive ended up buying a sausage roll or something equally unhealthy as my usual options - chicken teryaki sushi, cold vietnamese rolls or a salad etc are all high risks so to me its a bit over the top in that way.

Ive eaten a toasted chicken roll which i asked to be heated really hot but it wasnt that hot and i ate it anyway. Im a bit over the stress for such a small risk. I mean you are far more likely to harm your baby in a car but they dont tell you to cut down on unnecessary car trips do they.

I just want to have a relaxed stress free pregnancy!!

Heeey yeah looks like we are due the same day! How cool! How have you been feeling? My worst weeks were 6-8 but I'm still getting horrid nausea and am totally exhausted most of the time. I actually went to bed at 8.30 last night!

I know what you mean about wanting a stress free pregnancy. I'm fairly anxious about food too, especially when I eat out which is often enough when I'm away with work :(

Yes, I ordered sushi the other week; I couldn't help myself. I vomited everything up that week anyway :lol: And in my defence, I just ordered smoked salmon rolls.

Oh, and Brie goes without saying; I'm a cheese-holic.

I've noticed alot of cheeses that they say you shouldn't eat are actually okay because they're made from pasturised milk. I believe the issue is due to the milk being unpasturised?

Heeey yeah looks like we are due the same day! How cool! How have you been feeling? My worst weeks were 6-8 but I'm still getting horrid nausea and am totally exhausted most of the time. I actually went to bed at 8.30 last night!

I know what you mean about wanting a stress free pregnancy. I'm fairly anxious about food too, especially when I eat out which is often enough when I'm away with work :(

Yay! I had really bad ms from weeks 5 - 8 so only eased this week. I was getting it on and off all day, everyday! The exhaustion has been killing me tho esp with a 3 yr old to keep up with so im struggling keeping on top of everything. Have had to let the house work go a bit which I hate cause im a bit of a clean freak!

So is your due date the 19th May? Have u had any scans yet? Im getting my first at 12 weeks :) xx

Lol I'm totally your twin! Another clean freak over here ;)

The exhaustion is unbearable. I'm also away with work for 3 days this week and dreading being away from DH for that long as he's my rock :(

Yes, due may 19th (which is also our wedding anniversary!). I've had a scan already due to bleeding (turns out it was just implantation bleeding) and saw the heartbeat which was amazing. I can't wait until the 12 week scan :)

Your LO is beautiful in that photo by the way! Very cute!

I've cut way down on my coffee, but still have one cup in the morning (drinking it as I type).
to make up for that though, I try to stay away from anything else that has caffeine. sodas, chocolate espresso beans.. all my guilty pleasure stuff that I shouldn't be eating/drinking anyway pretty much, haha.

maybe I need to look up a more detailed list of forbidden foods, but I don't think I've done anything else that's not allowed!

Yes - I have devoured cold deli meats and have had an occasional burger patty that wasn't cooked to well done. If my morning sickness wasn't so harsh I would likely still be ingesting caffeine too. Buuuuut I pretty much just listen to my body.

With my oldest I was an utter Nazi about following the rules. I followed errryyyy single one, much to the displeasure of those around me (mwuhaha). With my second though, I was way more lax: had sushi, unpasteurized milk, raw cookie dough, cold deli meats, medium rare steak, caffeine.

I 'pose I justified it with the odds of contracting something as too low to deserve to stress about (even getting in a vehicle poses a risk, for instance, lol).

Yup... as of so far I've eaten:

- Deli Meats (subway sandwich, not recommended due to listeria risk)
- Soft Boiled Eggs (not recommended due to salmonella risk)
- Pate on bread (not recommended due to listeria risk and high vitamin A)

I'll probably end up also having soft ice cream (listeria risk), medium rare steak (toxoplasmosis), filet americain (toxoplasmosis and listeria), brie (listeria)

I've been fairly good so far, even though I think the whole risky foods is over played. I had been advised to stay off nuts in my last pregnancy and while breastfeeding, which I was really annoyed about caus I love them and I was doubtful about the risk they posed anyway.
My lo has eczema and had a few allergic reactions (not too serious) so got him allergy tested and peanuts came up as a high response.
Soooo now I am pregnant my dr has told me I am absolutely to avoid nuts :(

marks and spencer do a Brie from pasteurized milk, so f u cut the rind of its all good! :)

I've noticed alot of cheeses that they say you shouldn't eat are actually okay because they're made from pasturised milk. I believe the issue is due to the milk being unpasturised?

The ones we are advised to avoid are usually unpasteurized yes, but the issue particularly with types of soft cheese are the levels of moisture within the cheese which makes it a breeding ground for bacteria. Just because it is pasteurized doesn't necessarily means it's OK.

I don't eat anything on the forbidden list. I'm one of those people who like to play it safe, and there's nothing I can't do without for 9 months. The risks may be small but for me I'd rather abstain than worry. I don't drink alcohol either when I'm pregnant. It's not about me getting ill, it's about not making my baby ill and I won't eat or drink something that has any chance of doing that.

I also play it safe, but after you have one loss you usually try to do your best to not have that happen again. Even if your loss was due to medical neglect, why chance it?

Lol I'm totally your twin! Another clean freak over here ;)

The exhaustion is unbearable. I'm also away with work for 3 days this week and dreading being away from DH for that long as he's my rock :(

Yes, due may 19th (which is also our wedding anniversary!). I've had a scan already due to bleeding (turns out it was just implantation bleeding) and saw the heartbeat which was amazing. I can't wait until the 12 week scan :)

Your LO is beautiful in that photo by the way! Very cute!

Yay! I had really bad ms from weeks 5 - 8 so only eased this week. I was getting it on and off all day, everyday! The exhaustion has been killing me tho esp with a 3 yr old to keep up with so im struggling keeping on top of everything. Have had to let the house work go a bit which I hate cause im a bit of a clean freak!

So is your due date the 19th May? Have u had any scans yet? Im getting my first at 12 weeks :) xx

Hi ladies, i am due very close to u two! My edd is 21st may, i have my first scan this friday so they may move me though. My bday is 19 may :D wishing u a healthy pregnancy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->