Forgetting a baby in the back seat of a car- is it a crime?

Oh my goodness that article was utterly depressing :cry:

I just don't know; I can't see me forgetting my child like that but I understand how it happened sadly. All these people said they would never have thought they could forget.. but they did?

God I don't want to think about it anymore, I found it truly sad and disturbing read.

I think the parents have already suffered enough. Its a horrific horrendous mistake.

Well he was charged with manslaughter, and technically that's what happened. His actions caused the death of his child, but it wasn't deliberate.

What an awful, sad story :cry:

I also wonder how you forget your child in the car. I don't ever forget my keys or my cell phone and I would think most others don't either. So, something you gave life to, how can you forget it?

So you can hand on heart swear to me that you have NEVER EVER forgotten your keys or phone or purse/wallet in your entire life???? I'm sorry but I can't beleive this. The difference is forgetting your keys isn't a memorable incident - no one dies, no one gets hurt - you might have to wait 15 minutes for your oh to let you in but that's the only damage.

Only this morning, dd was playing in her room and I popped down the stairs to get clean clothes for ms and I forgot she was there playing - she could easily have fallen down the stairs had dh not noticed.

I dOnt want to comment on the opening story as I think it's far too easy to judge when it's never happened to you. One thing I do know is if it's considered a crime or not that father will never ever rest easily again, he will never forgive himself and never live a care free day again.

His crime was allowing himself to be distracted which I will openly admit that I've done on many occasion.

So sad

Forgetting keys or a mobile phone isn't really compareable to forgetting your toddler is strapped in the carseat I don't think.

I agree with beccad - he was charged with manslaughter which is what happened so I think the law is well within it's rights. The parents have suffered enough I agree but still a child has died a very needless and painful death that would have been very easily avoided.

So sad, poor little baby RIP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->