forgetting prenatals!

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Ugh I'm so mad at myself, I keep forgetting to take my damn prenatal vitamin!!

I don't take them in the morning since they make me queasy so they're saved for the evening, but I always forget! I had a total panic melt down yesterday about forgetting so I've set an alarm for tonight. Please tell me I'm not the only one :dohh:

Um no. You are not the only one. :flower:

I'm getting a little better at remembering but I know some women who couldn't stomach them and stopped taking them weeks into their pregnancy.

I only take folic acid thats hit and miss never took any with my previous babies.

I leave mine on my bedside table and make a habit of taking it just as I get into bed. I've forgotten a couple of times though (thanks to sheer exhaustion mostly!)

I always forget. End up taking them when I wake to goto the loo. It's no biggy if you miss one or two.

I have yet to forget. I have a bottle at work and a bottle at home so I'm never without. I work at a health foods/supplement store too though so that helps. Also, you should look for a vitamin that does not make you feel ill. I can take mine on an empty stomach without any problems. Basically it works like this: the cheaper the vitamin the more "additives" and "less clean" they are and is probably the unclean source of iron in them that's making you feel not so great. I'd say steer clear of anything you can get at walgreens or Walmart. Personally I use New Chapter Perfect Prenatal. I also know that Garden Of Life Vitamin Code Prenatal is top quality as well.

I've chose not to take em this time around.

Baby's always measured larger and is incredibly active all day. Xx
Forgetting em is no biggie you hardly absorb any of them anyways.

Thanks for the input ladies! I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets time to time.

Mod - I've been taking the New Chapter vitamins so I'm a bit surprised they make my stomach upset, and I never take them on an empty stomach.

Maybe I'll just switch to taking only a folic acid for now since the organic one I have made with brown rice is gentle on my stomach.

Dragonfly...you are just a mess! Lol in a good way!!! I'm surprised they upset your stomach too but everyone reacts differently to everything. Folic acid is definitely the most important thing you can get in your system at this point anyways.

I take them when I get into bed!!! I actually keep them on boyfriends side so I blame him if I forget LOL

I can't forget as I'm on other medication I can't sleep without. So that and my prenatals and baby aspirin all get taken before bed. :D

I forget mine far more often than I remember it, especially in first tri when I will just fall asleep at night without taking it. With my first baby, I left it on the kitchen table to take with dinner, but after then, I've had a toddler and nothing is out of his reach, so it has to be hidden. Out of sight, out of mind for me.

My SIL has a master's in biology and also just gave birth a few days ago :) she was telling me as long as you take it for the first 6 weeks that's the most important as after that the neural tube closes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->