formula feeding poo .....

kitalola

Reaction score
How often do your lo's have a bowel movement on formula feeds and what colour consistency should it be. I'm paranoid about lo being constipated and topping up feeds with an oz or 2 of water during day.

Once a day,mustard yellow colour. Some formula (esp gold formulas) makes it green.

thankyou, was starting to think something was wrong as poo was pistachio green but feeding on sma gold so I guess thats normal.

I'm feeding LO SMA gold and her poo was pistachio green for a while, it's turned mustard yellow now.

My DD has green poo as well and she goes every day or every second day and she is getting 5 to 6 oz of formula 5 times a day.

When she was only getting 2 oz 6 times a day she only pooped every three days and the doctor said that is normal but don't let it go more than 5 days.

my lo is every 3-4 days at the moment. used to be every day. he is on aptimal. it also used to be yellow but now its green. i sometimes massage his tummy and he usually goes after that. i think 4 days is an awful long time not to go :(

I have had to stop BF and since starting formula she rarely goes. We're on day 3 of no poo so trying her with some boiled water. When I was BF she had a poo during every feed so about every 3 hours. Hopefully once she gets used to the formula she will get into a routine. We are using Aptamil.

I had my DS on Organic Similac Formula (milk based) and he pooped every other day in a mustard seedy color. He became constipated and I switched to Similac Soy (Isomil) and his poo is now greenish mustardy. He is also BF and has been on the boob much more so he goes every day now.

Louie is on cmpi formula (alimentumnsimilac) every 2-3 days and it is a dark green. Passes gas very easy and is not constipated. He is a happy baby.

My little girl is on Aptimil and poos about 4-5 times a day! She has a really sore bum too so it doesn't help =o(
They are always yellow. We did have issues last week with green poo when i was expressing breast milk turns out she was only getting foremilk and was making her ill so i stopped.

1 to 3 times a day. Yellow mustard colour. He is on cow and gate comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->