formula feeding poo .....

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by kitalola, Nov 12, 2011.

1. kitalola

kitalola Well-Known Member

How often do your lo's have a bowel movement on formula feeds and what colour consistency should it be. I'm paranoid about lo being constipated and topping up feeds with an oz or 2 of water during day.

2. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Once a day,mustard yellow colour. Some formula (esp gold formulas) makes it green.

3. kitalola

kitalola Well-Known Member

thankyou, was starting to think something was wrong as poo was pistachio green but feeding on sma gold so I guess thats normal.

4. StarBoHo

StarBoHo Well-Known Member

I'm feeding LO SMA gold and her poo was pistachio green for a while, it's turned mustard yellow now.

5. Beaner86

Beaner86 Well-Known Member

My DD has green poo as well and she goes every day or every second day and she is getting 5 to 6 oz of formula 5 times a day.

When she was only getting 2 oz 6 times a day she only pooped every three days and the doctor said that is normal but don't let it go more than 5 days.

6. JacquiKeren

JacquiKeren Guest

my lo is every 3-4 days at the moment. used to be every day. he is on aptimal. it also used to be yellow but now its green. i sometimes massage his tummy and he usually goes after that. i think 4 days is an awful long time not to go :(

7. 2ndtimeluckyX

2ndtimeluckyX Well-Known Member

I have had to stop BF and since starting formula she rarely goes. We're on day 3 of no poo so trying her with some boiled water. When I was BF she had a poo during every feed so about every 3 hours. Hopefully once she gets used to the formula she will get into a routine. We are using Aptamil.

8. Claudia83

Claudia83 Well-Known Member

I had my DS on Organic Similac Formula (milk based) and he pooped every other day in a mustard seedy color. He became constipated and I switched to Similac Soy (Isomil) and his poo is now greenish mustardy. He is also BF and has been on the boob much more so he goes every day now.

9. IHrtSteve

IHrtSteve Mommy to 2, almost 3 boys

Louie is on cmpi formula (alimentumnsimilac) every 2-3 days and it is a dark green. Passes gas very easy and is not constipated. He is a happy baby.

10. Samie18

Samie18 Well-Known Member

My little girl is on Aptimil and poos about 4-5 times a day! She has a really sore bum too so it doesn't help =o(
    They are always yellow. We did have issues last week with green poo when i was expressing breast milk turns out she was only getting foremilk and was making her ill so i stopped.

11. Lozzy_Loo

Lozzy_Loo Well-Known Member

same (apart from the sma as always given C&G)

12. darkangel1981

darkangel1981 New Mummy

1 to 3 times a day. Yellow mustard colour. He is on cow and gate comfort.

13. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

About once a day. Usually yellow color.