Formula feeding support thread- Chat with other FF mums

I will probably buy a microwave one. I didn't sterilize or wipe down a lot of Hannah's stuff after the first few months, but because milk does build bacteria quickly I chose to sterilize her bottles and stuff for a longer period of time :) I think it's really up to to the person, just do your research and decide what you are most comfortable with

We have pretty much all of Hannah's stuff (and it's pretty gender neutral) so I won't be buying much which is why I figured I could invest in a microwave sterilizer ;)

I feel more comfortable sterilising the bottles, its something that has just become a habit. But I only sterilise her bottles, I've never bothered doing dummies or eating utensils.

I know a lot of people don't sterilise though and their babies are fine! Its personal preference (as is everything else ;))

I do agree that some people can be too OTT about not letting babies near dirt...but I think mould is a different matter. And I've heard that they can get quite ill from bits of left over milk.

:hi: ladies!! We're pretty much done FF'ing now, but if i can help anyone, fire away!!

I'm still sterilizing Jacobs bottles :) I think its more out of habbit than anything else :)
Great thread btw :flower:

:hugs: not stupid (sorry the edit got me curious) but no most definitely not :lol:

We sterlisied bottle up to 12 months, mainly out of habit if nothing else, just because it was a part of our routine :lol:

Hey Ladies,

Great thread :) makes me feel a lot better about FFing. On the topic of sterilising I plan on sterilising up until Amelia's 12 months.

Lovely to see this thread. :D I plan to FF, and I have a degree of guilt, but I know its what is best for our baby. xx

Has anybody tried the innobaby bottles? They look interesting and the way they describe themselves they sound like they're supposed to be 'as good' as the Dr. Browns for colic etc... but with fewer parts. They're not exactly a well known brand though so I'm curious.

Abit different here, but I'm planning to use tommee tippee, don't know if you have them there? xxx

I dont think we have those bottles here, never heard of them, but then i never really rated the Dr Browns anyway, we used MAM and i couldnt rate them highly enough, especially with a sicky/colicky/reflux baby :)

My friends tried tommee tippee.. but they had huge feeding issues from a bad latch, failed start on BFing etc... and they ended up needing a system that worked for premies so they used Dr. Browns... They may be able to switch to TT when their LO has the feeding down better and is a bit further along in weight gain and development and can handle a faster flow.
My other friend had trouble with her son gulping his milk too fast then throwing it all up so she had to use Dr. Browns too.

It really is trial and error with some bottles, some rave about one brand, yet others have a tough time with them, its the same with different brands of milk, some LO's dont get on with certain brands.

Most people dont have any trouble at all, but its not uncommon :)

I'm dreading the fact that I don't have a babies r us store within town.. its a 40 minute drive to the nearest one... Other than that all I have are a few boutique style stores that are overpriced, limited stock, and have limited hours. I'm going to be doing a lot of internet shopping waiting for packages if I have to try different brands of stuff.

Hmmm... Amazon prime may be a good investment...

I'm dreading the fact that I don't have a babies r us store within town.. its a 40 minute drive to the nearest one... Other than that all I have are a few boutique style stores that are overpriced, limited stock, and have limited hours. I'm going to be doing a lot of internet shopping waiting for packages if I have to try different brands of stuff.

Hmmm... Amazon prime may be a good investment...

Would you believe I have never been to a babies r us until last weekend? And don't complain about 40 minutes drives..everything is around an hour from me (I live in the country) and babies r us is a little over 2 hours!!! LOL! I have found that Target has a good selection of different bottles...etc. Nothing like the whole wall that they take up at babies r us....but it's closer to me. And yes Amazon prime (and amazon moms) are great!! And free for the first 14 months or so I believe :)

Amazon prime is only free for a month or two last time I tried it:)

My nearest Target store is an extra 10 minutes away from the Babies R us, lol.
All I have is a Kmart that is 20 minutes away... its our ONLY big discount store in town and its usually completely trashed/crowded :( (we have a Costco over there but not great for anything baby besides diapers and wipes)

Amazon prime is only free for a month or two last time I tried it:)

My nearest Target store is an extra 10 minutes away from the Babies R us, lol.
All I have is a Kmart that is 20 minutes away... its our ONLY big discount store in town and its usually completely trashed/crowded :( (we have a Costco over there but not great for anything baby besides diapers and wipes)

Oh...sorry...I guess it's different for the amazon mom's subsection. When I first signed up for amazon prime it was free for 4 months I think...then i switched to amazon moms i got three months of prime free and then an additional month for every $25 spent/single order...up to a years worth. But even their regular shipping is free, and it's not slow at all...can't beat it :)

lisaf - if you sign up for Amazon moms (free), Prime is free for 3 months. I love Amazon!!! But sometime I wish it didn't exist because I buy way too much stuff from there lol!!

My lo went off Dr. Brown's bottles for some reason. Now loves Playtex Drop-ins with the wider nipples. THey are a waste with the plastic (and pricey), but less washing involved. LO must've known mommy needed a break with that haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->