Formula Feeding

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Just want to say that I have absolutely no intention of starting another debate here, and if it turns into one I'm going to be extremely disapointed.

My question is, for those of you who are formula feeding currently or will be, which type of formula are you using? There are so many different types out there. As much as I really would like to breast feed, I'm starting to accept that I probably will have no other choice but to FF because of how soon I'm going to have to leave for hours on end after she's born. I probably won't be able to express enough at that point. I want to research my options!

So which ones have you tried? What worked for you, what didn't work?

I use cow and gate. Heard a few bad stories about SMA gold so I don't recommend that. Not sure if they have the same ones in Canada. And BF isn't for everyone :)

My friends a midwife, and she says aptamil is the closest to breastmilk, but not sure if you can get that in NF.

ive always used sma gold and have never had a problem with it. i used it because that is what my mum used with my little bro.

I don't have any suggestions... just wanted to say hi :)

I used SMA gold with both my 2 and i had no problems with it, Milupa and Cow and Gate are all good too but it sometimes depends on the baby tbh.

A friend of mine used cow and gate as her baby spat up less on that formulae than on others. sometimes it's just trial and error

Enfamil.Recommended by my doctor (her husband is a pediatrician)...

But I might even go with Aptamil.They say it's great.And it is a global manufacturer so I'm sure you can get it NL.:)

Aptamil, that was it. There was a thread a while back and most people seemed to recommend aptamil, I was trying to remember...

Hmmm....

I'm going to have to discuss this over with my doctor obviously. I think Enfamil is pretty popular here, it seems like the stores are over populated with it. Enfamil A+ maybe?

I'm going for SMA. =) Only because my mum has recommended it to me.

Hmmm....

I'm going to have to discuss this over with my doctor obviously. I think Enfamil is pretty popular here, it seems like the stores are over populated with it. Enfamil A+ maybe?

Yeah,it does appear that Aptamil is more popular on the other side of the pond!
Enfamil is huge here.
They are probably on the same level,but the thing is that I want to use the most popular one because I really don't want to use a brand that is sold in just a few stores and I have to run around looking for it.Plus it's a small town so if they run out,who knows when they'll get another shipment.

So if I go with the most popular one at least I know that it is on every store and they won't run out of it.
xxx

If Enfamil tastes better and they're on par, I'll probably use Enfamil.

I'm going to be one of those crazy psycho moms who tastes her baby's food before she feeds it to her haha. If it tastes awful, I'm not feeding it to my baby (saying that I realize that babies have different tastes than we do and like different things, but if it tastes truly awful then I'm not giving it to her)

I used sma gold for my little girl and will this time my mum used it with me and my sis too

Same here I used SMA Gold with my daughter and plan to this time. My mum fed me SMA Gold too x

I plan to use Cow & Gate ... possibly SMA though, although OH calls it smack milk lol

I used SMA gold and my mum used it for me :)
i had no problems with either of mine with it

I dont know if Newfoundland has Nestles Baby products, but i've found their info and reputation to be the best so far. They are probably one of the newer companies so they have alot of promotions on.

Enfamil is good too... I think it is pretty much similiar to nestles.

https://www.nestle-baby.ca/en/products/formula/starter/Good_Start_with_Omega-3_and_Omega-6.htm

With this one iam going to use Hipp , As its organic and has great reviews (Plus super good price) .

With my first i swear by this one Milk but its exspensive But boy o boy it was great and she tested every one and never settled untilll this , Its called Cow and Gate Omnio Comfort (Thick and creamy and she slept like an angel on it) .

Good luck with what ever you choose , Some one said something earlier wich i say is very true its " Trial and error " . Some babies wont take certain milks no matter how good they are recomended , So its what will suit baby and in time they will sure let you know wich they prefer . xxxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->