Formula Feeding

I dont know if Newfoundland has Nestles Baby products, but i've found their info and reputation to be the best so far. They are probably one of the newer companies so they have alot of promotions on.

Enfamil is good too... I think it is pretty much similiar to nestles.

https://www.nestle-baby.ca/en/products/formula/starter/Good_Start_with_Omega-3_and_Omega-6.htm

I was just out looking. We don't have that Aptimil stuff here or SMA :(

Only Enfamil and Nestle! So I'm going to ask my doctor which he recommends and try that one first. If she doesn't take to it, I'll try the other :)

Let me know what info you find out... I was looking at the ingredients of both, I couldnt find the exact units of nutritional value on Enfamil though... Nestles was a bit easier to read and see what all it includes.

I don't know if you mind or not about such things but Nestle are a pretty disreputable company in terms of how they operate. I boycott all their goods.

I can't use either SMA or cow and gate - me and my sister had allergies to both of them we had to have this special stuff from the doctor.

My midwife and the health visitor both recommended Aptamil, so I have a box of that in the cupboard :D

We use Nestle Good start (if you go to their website Rae you can sign up for a free gift, that includes a diaper bag and a sample formula, also some coupons). When we were in the hospital Enfamil is what we were given :D

I don't know if you mind or not about such things but Nestle are a pretty disreputable company in terms of how they operate. I boycott all their goods.

Really? What do you mean?

I boycott Nestle too.

https://www.babymilkaction.org/pages/boycott.html

I'm not anti-formula milk btw, just pro mummies milk for personal, and very good reasons!

I boycott Nestle too.

I'm not anti-formula milk btw, just pro mummies milk for personal, and very good reasons!

I'm pro breast feeding too, its just that I'm not going to be fortunate enough to be able to stay home and full time breast feed, and I'm concerned that I won't be able to pump enough by the time I have to go out during the day.

I'm going to try to supplement, but do BF when I'm home. We'll see how it works out.

When I supplement I use Similac Advance with Omega 3 &6 thats the only stuff I have used with her-it is the stuff they use in the hospital...

Gosh I was just going to go for SMA if I didnt get on with BF and expressing!! But there are loads on the market!!

Aptamil seems to be on the tv more over here (advert wise)!!

We already had a trainwreck of a thread about formula/breastmilk, I really hope this one can stay to the original question of information about formula. Im sick of reading through hundreds of posts of people arguing, as im sure others are.

Id just like the information on formula.

From a nutrition/medical etc standpoint, I havent heard anything bad about nestles (or enfamil!) and our doctors here seem to think its good too.

I boycott Nestle too.

Thanks Lyns. This is the main reason people boycott them,. but they also have rather questionable practices in their other business dealings, particularly in the past when they took over Rowntrees which at the time was a very successful food company. It was all tangled up with the odd '80s/'90s politics in this country.

Mmmm yeah. As much as I would love to boycott, since there are only two options here...I'm going to go with whatever is better for my baby.

I hope to combine breast and bottle feeding and would like to try Aptamil, as I've heard several people recommend this brad. But I guess in the end it'll be up to which brand my bubs likes the most!
xx

Maybe the UK has a different nestles company then Canada does... Cause that website is a UK website.

Nestle is a worldwide group, it's actually Swiss in origin :) just peeking in on your thread and thought I'd add that.
I've heard bad things about them pressuring women in third world countries to use formula, giving them free samples so the baby isn't used to breast milk and the mothers dry out, and then the women have to buy the formula. I have no idea if that's true, just something that was going around the net a while back.

Maybe the UK has a different nestles company then Canada does... Cause that website is a UK website.
Yup, it's international.

Mmmm yeah. As much as I would love to boycott, since there are only two options here...I'm going to go with whatever is better for my baby.

Not a very good competitive market with only 2 options! Of course you will go for whatever you think is best for your baby where there is no option. We have to pick our battles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->