Formula Milk

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been thinking a lot on what formula milk to use. I have no idea where to start, there are so many out there. Should i buy some before my little one comes or just get my OH to get some once she arrives (just in case i decide to breast feed).

I have no idea! I'm really stuck as what to do here and where to start as to picking a brand of formula milk??

Any recommendations?

xxx

I bought some SMA to have in the cupboard just in case I don't get on with breastfeeding. I don't think there's much between the brands and it just depends what your LO gets on with.

I don't know how it is where you live but here the doctor usually recommends a certain brand and kind of formula to use.

think it just depends which one you want to use, if you have a gut instinct for one brand go for that one or if you read the different tins and you prefere what one tin says go for that tin.. as ive heard sooooo many times over last 3months "its all trial and error" lol ...but my friend who is also a m/w said if you breastfeeding and need to switch to formula then aptamil better, Rhiannon is on it and thriving x

Ryan loves his Aptamil too! Definately buy some formula even if you're planning to breastfeed. I planned to breastfeed and did for a bit, but had a few problems and it was good to know that I had some formula too. It takes ages (I think years) to go out of date so chances are it won't go to waste. x

Aptamil, Aptamil, Aptamil. My older kids were on sma and it gave them awful constipation. My little girl has been on Aptamil (did initally bf but was told to give formula as she was severely jaundiced and I didnt have enough milk :( ) and she lovesssssss it and shes never had any bother with wind, cramps constipation, colic or anything :) It gives the babys the same bowel movements as breast feeding :)

I have put by a tin of SMA Goldtop for just incase we can't get on with breastfeeding xXx

They are quite runny and seedy, kinda like mustard seed is the only way I'd describe it and its very like breast-fed babies as my son was breastfed, it is way better than a constipated baby :)

I've always used sma and never had any problems, i bought some individual 4oz packets which are handy to start with so you don't have to mess about measuring formula when your still adjustin to everything else (also good for middle of nite when your half asleep!) SMA also do ready to go cartons, i always make sure that i have one in, just in case i don't have any water cool and the baby is screamin x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->