• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Formula schedule

jlim311

Reaction score
Hi

My son is currently 8 weeks old and drinks about 4-4.5 oz every 3-4 hours. At night he can take up to 5 oz and sleep straight for about 5 hours until the next feed. I know he's too young to be on a schedule but I am going back to work when he turns 11 weeks and need to drop him off and pick him up from my mother in laws house. Because he eats at diff times depending on how long he sleeps/wakes up, how can I help create a more predictable schedule so I'm not speeding to my mil's in the morning because he's hungry or waiting around at her house In the evening for him to eat.

Also is there any way to create a more predictable wake up time to coincide with his first feed? Sometimes for example he will wake up at 7am but he ate at 6am which means he won't eat until 9-10am but then bc of his age that's around the time he should go down for a nap but then he won't sleep long bc he needs to eat soon which ends up me having a cranky tired baby.

TIA!! Any help or tips will be appreciated!

Hi, I don't have a whole lot of advice as you mentioned yourself lo is very young to be put into a routine but I can suggest a top up feed maybe when he wakes at 7am even if he was only fed at 6am. He may only take a tiny amount as obviously wouldn't be overly hungry but it may get you to mils without him screaming.

Also get mil to record EVERYTHING! nap & feeding times as lo may naturally head into a schedule of sorts (mine started to at around 12 weeks) If mil records everything then it will help you guys together work out a routine to follow everyday, when mil has lo and when lo is with you when not working. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->