Formula sold in both UK and US

Ferry

Reaction score
Hi,

I am taking DS to meet husband's family in CO. He's currently on Aptamil but I know they don't sell that in the US. He's always been a bit iffy digestion wise so I'm concerned having to change milk in the US will upset him. Along with the 7 hr time difference I'm thinking that might be a step too far...

We're going for too long for me to take a supply of Aptamil with me, but I thought if I could switch him over to milk that's available both in the US and UK before we go and get him used to it, that would make life a little easier.

So... does anyone know of formula milk that I can get easily enough in the UK and US?

Cheers in advance xxx

Nutrilon and Aptimal are the same and Nutrilon is available in the States.

Nutrilon and Aptimal are the same and Nutrilon is available in the States.

You might want to check with someone local to see if the Nutrilon brand mentioned by the previous poster is available where you are going before you get there. I am in the States (MA) and I have never heard of that brand or seen it in any store.

Good luck finding something that works!

I'm a Brit in the States and have never seen Nutrilon here either .

Do make sure and look at the ingredients before buying formula in the States. Some of the ingredients here would never be allowed in the UK.

How old will he be then? If he'll be past 6 months, I probably wouldn't be as worried and I might take a container or two of Aptamil and then slowly switch over to whatever you find you can buy locally. If he's only going to be a couple months old, their digestive systems are much more sensitive, and I'd probably be inclined to just take as much as I needed from home, even if that was an extra suitcase on its own. Your LO should get a checked bag, even if sitting on your lap, so if you could pack stuff for the 3 of you in two suitcases, and reserve the third for formula, but I don't know if that's just ridiculous sounding. As far as I know, there aren't any brands readily available in both places, but it would only really worry me if my LO was small. Otherwise, I'd just find a local brand that seemed okay.

We recently went to the US from the UK and took a supply of Aptamil with us. The containers are only about 1kg each, so for us it was worth it to pack some in our suitcases as our LO got a 10kg luggage allowance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->