Found babies heart beat on a app doppler <3

Pookied8476

One tube mumma to 3 bubbas❤️
Reaction score
It's called tiny beat on the app store I highly recommend its only £4.99 a fraction of the cost of a doppler :) I'm only 11+4 and the babies heart beat is so clear xx

I can’t see how an app would work. I’m pretty sure your phone doesn’t have the technology for a Doppler and I think these app makers are cruel x x

I can’t see how an app would work. I’m pretty sure your phone doesn’t have the technology for a Doppler and I think these app makers are cruel x x

I agree with this sadly... I think its having you on.

The doppler I have is £12 from Ebay, heard babys heartbeat from 9 weeks so not exactly expensive.

I wouldn't trust an app to use as a doppler, as the previous poster said, phones don't have the same technology as a doppler

Erm it does work I listened to my own heart beat and then the babies please do not insult my intelligence! I even heard placenta and when you cover the microphone with your finger you don't hear any thing so tell me how and app knows the difference oh its her stomach quick fake a heart beat lol.. I used these in my other pregnancies too.

I agree with this sadly... I think its having you on.

The doppler I have is £12 from Ebay, heard babys heartbeat from 9 weeks so not exactly expensive.

I wouldn't trust an app to use as a doppler, as the previous poster said, phones don't have the same technology as a doppler
Sadly unless you've tried It you can't say that.

I’m not trying to insult your intelligence I would that dream of that I would just hate for anyone to be conned or even worse to rely on something that doesn’t work if worried about your baby. if it works I stand corrected and am delighted for you. I just can’t see how a microphone on a phone can amplify an 11 week fetuses hb. If you were 30 weeks I’d say yes for sure as even putting your ear to a pregnant woman’s stomach would allow that.

No ones insulting you. Just stating an opinion.

I just googled about these apps and most people have good comments on it saying they've picked the heartbeat up easy.

Sadly the same amount of reviews say it is a con and that it has picked up high heart rates on stillborn babies (they didn't know they were stillborn at the time) and men with heart rates of 150bpm in the stomach area

Last edited:
Yep im sorry to say that a quick google search on the app shows it’s picked up foetal hb on husbands and teddy bears now that is impressive. It seems like it has prerecorded hbs on it unfortunately. It will pick up an average persons hb but not a tiny tiny baby that a lot of actual dopplers would take some time to find. Sorry to be a party pooper.

No ones insulting you. Just stating an opinion.

I just googled about these apps and most people have good comments on it saying they've picked the heartbeat up easy.

Sadly the same amount of reviews say it is a con and that it has picked up heart rates on stillborn babies.

Fair enough but it doesn't work on any other body part I'm fairly confident it's the babies heart beat I listened to own for a while which I have a slow hb always have then when I moved to uterus it's distinctive it also comes in and out like a doppler. That's fair enough if you both think that I just found it reassuring.

Fair enough but it doesn't work on any other body part I'm fairly confident it's the babies heart beat I listened to own for a while which I have a slow hb always have then when I moved to uterus it's distinctive it also comes in and out like a doppler. That's fair enough if you both think that I just found it reassuring.
That’s exactly the problem I have with it. You find it reassuring so if something was wrong you wouldnt seek help thinking all was well. Please research this properly it’s not possible it works at this early stage.

That’s exactly the problem I have with it. You find it reassuring so if something was wrong you wouldnt seek help thinking all was well. Please research this properly it’s not possible it works at this early stage.

I might even buy it myself just to do some research, and I have my usual doppler it would be good to see what this app actually picks up :)

I might even buy it myself just to do some research, and I have my usual doppler it would be good to see what this app actually picks up :)
Yes please hun :)

Awe maybe it's had me on :( I had proper sonolines with my other 2 I may invest in one again xx

Awe maybe it's had me on :( I had proper sonolines with my other 2 I may invest in one again xx

You never know with apps hun, they try and make money out of anyone sadly, even on games! Seriously the doppler I have was £12 on Ebay and works perfectly, it's not like these ones for 30 or 40... :)

Great idea for a Doppler. I hate this apps all about making money my kids were able to buy one that showed what they will look like when old for 90 euro I could of cried!!!

You never know with apps hun, they try and make money out of anyone sadly, even on games! Seriously the doppler I have was £12 on Ebay and works perfectly, it's not like these ones for 30 or 40... :)
Send me a link hun xx

Yes I totally agree when I was pregnant with the twins I got an app too for fun and an experiment with the other girls in my lttc group, I could hear a babies heartbeat but only one however when I finally got my angelcare Doppler the difference between them was night and day, one baby had a lower heart rate than the other and they could be easily distinguished from each other. The app/microphone from you phone can’t possibly pick up internal sounds it doesn’t have the capability to do it. If I hadn’t of known that it was complete nonsense it would have made me think I had lost one!

Definitely purchase a doppler sweety. Yes they cost a bit more but they are worth it. I found my babies HB on mine at almost 12 weeks and it was hard to find because at that stage baby is still so tiny but with a little bit of perseverance I managed to find it.
I had spotting from week 12 to 13 and my doppler was the one thing that gave me that extra reassurance. I still use mine now and I'm 20 weeks but I have an anterior placenta so I only started feeling movements 2 weeks ago and even now there still very light movements but getting stronger each week. My doppler is such a comfort and has helped alot with my barmy anxiety.
I got mine of Amazon it was about 30 quid and its pink and white and tells u how many BPM.
I wont use it as much when I start feeling those proper kicks and punches but I will still use it here and there.
I didnt even know u cud get a app. I'm so crappy with technology hahaha](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->