Found what I want but where to get material!

Mark&Annie

Reaction score
Ok after lots of searching I have found what I think is ideal, I just need to find the right material in UK as it states the material used is stretchy width ways but not length ways so it stays tight...

https://www.theportablebaby.com/pdf/crosscarrytie_instructions.pdf

Please help point me in the right direction!

Ok I can't get it to work but it's called a cross carry tie?? Will try to find a good pic...

poop, try again!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110458114845&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Ive just got one of these. Not sure if its any good for you. Worth a look though as the seller is great

x

Ooo thanks for that - have you tried it on? Does it come with instructions how to tie it?

Just watched the youtube link lol! Looks fab think we might be ordering that!! Thank you!!

i have one of them, went to the fabric shop, looked at the stretchy material, didnt get nowt fancy, just a material i liked that was stretchy, so long as u put it on tight enough and make sure they arev secure you can get away with pretty much anything (so long as it is stretchy obv lol)

x

i have one of them, went to the fabric shop, looked at the stretchy material, didnt get nowt fancy, just a material i liked that was stretchy, so long as u put it on tight enough and make sure they arev secure you can get away with pretty much anything (so long as it is stretchy obv lol)

x

What fabric did you go for?

not sure what its called, its just stretchy hehe, kind of like teeshirt material but a bit thicker iykwim? not quite lycra but somewhere in the middle

x

Very cool. I was hoping to buy some fabric myself instead of splashing out on a branded one, as they just seem to be a length of cotton jersey with a label in the middle. And I'm tight. :p I was worried about picking out a good fabric though. Ellie, do you remember what you length you bought and how much it costed you?

i dont know how much it cost cos my mammy bought me it <3 im pretty sure i got about 4yards, it was about 50width so i cut it in half lenghtways so i had 2 4yd wraps, although saying that i am a size 6-8 and it is a bit short for me to do some carries, i find im tying it right at the ends if i do certain carries so have had to just stick to cross carry so next time i would probably get 5yards

x

Yay for generous mums! :) I went with mine to an NCT sale at the weekend and she bought little boy a big bag of gorgeous clothes. :happydance:

Thanks for the advice about the length. The instructions I've looked at say to go for a 5yd length, and I'm more like a size 12-14, so after you finding 4yds a bit skimpy I think I'll definitely make sure I either get 5yds or 5m. One length of fabric cut lengthwise should make two wraps, so if anyone else is interested in going halves on a length of cotton jersey let me know. Particularly if you're someone with access to a good fabric shop and is probably better than me at picking out something appropriate. :blush: It'll probably be a while before I get to go and browse for fabric myself, so I'd be happy to pay for half the cost of the fabric plus P&P.

Mine came this morning, from the lady i linked to on page 1 and its FAB. We went straight off to town in it, he was so cosy and slept for hours and i didnt get back ache!

x

Yes like those but unbranded and really reasonable.

We used ours yesterday, it's fab! felt so much safer and comfortable, my mother in law said I looked ethnic, she's a bit odd and thinks he should be in a pram. This feels so much more natural, I have a pram but I don't want to put him in it when he's so tiny, I want him near me.

I also bought a 3rd hand mai tei from ebay for a tenner, coolio :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->