Found Worms in my Flour!!

raisin

Mom to 2 wonderful boys
Reaction score
I wanted to bake a banana bread this evening and so I took out the flour and sifted it into a bowl. In the sieve I noticed lots of little worms moving around! Ewwww. I'm completely freaking out now. Never had this happen to me before. What are they and what do I need to do to get rid of them (apart from chucking the flour of course)? I keep my cupboards clean and use bag clips. Is this normal??

Were they really tiny? Could be weevils and they might've come in the flour - my dad worked in a flour mill years ago and every so often they had to shut down for weevil fumigation. We had weevils in flour a couple of years ok, we just threw away the bag and no more problems.

Should be ok just to throw it away and double check anything stored near it that isn't totally airtight (sugar may be a risky one). If you're worried throw out the other food in the cupboard and bleach the shelves but I don't think that's necessary.

I wanted to bake a while ago but the flour was gone off, I googled it and people said works grow in old flour, or flour that's not been sealed 100%. Sooo gross, I binned the flour! I don't think you need to disinfect the cupboards etc, it wasnt something laying eggs or anything they just appear after a while, my skins crawling now for you!

Could defo be weevils, OH used to work in Warburtons and they had infestations now and again (rarely) and had to shut the plant down because of it. It just throw it away along with anything they could have got into. I don't think you'll need to disinfect though.

Gutted your banana bread is put on hold :haha: xx

Sounds like weevils! :sick:

You should probably clean out the whole cuboard!

Gutted for you that the banana breads on hold!

I found them in some flour when I was pregnant, I ended up cleaning the whole kitchen with anticbac spray! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->