four weeks later, here is my birth story - Lana Danielle 20/12/09

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
I have finally got brave enough to leave my newborn asleep whilst I come online for the first time in over 4 weeks, but just wanted to quickly share my birth story and catch up with all of those girlies who were preggers when i left and are no doubt mummies now, like me :happydance:

Baby Lana Danielle Kerr was born at 3.28am on Sunday 20th December, exactly one week over-due...weighing a bouncing 9lb11

As most of you who went over-due will agree, it is one of the most frustrating things ever. So, in an attempt to combat it I decided to go xmas shopping with my sister in law on the Friday 18th December hoping that plodding around all the shops would kick something off, which it did!! I woke at 3.30am on Saturday with mild contractions, but went back to sleep and was woken again at 5.30am with them a bit stronger and much closer together....
by 7.30am they were 3 mins apart but the hospital wanted me to wait, so i did, and managed to have a little nap on the sofa before my waters broke at 3.30pm on saturday afternoon (ps- I NEVER expected there to be so much...it didnt stop for an hour :wacko:), which is when i went in to hospital...after that, alot of it is a blur coz i kept the G&A nozzle firmly in my mouth, almost drowning myself at one point (coz I was in the bath to try and help with the pain)! at some point in the evening i asked to be bumped up to Pethidin, which i did not like one bit, and about an hour after that I demanded an epidural, which was a total god-send, although i did feel like a bit of a whimp considering so many women go through it with no pain relief at all...mental!!
any-how, by 12.30am on the sunday morning, my babies head was still only 2/5 engaged and I wasnt dilating at a rate they wanted me to, so they left me for two hours to see how things had progressed but nothing had happened so they offered a ceserean section to get her out! there was no urgency for it thankfully...my baby was just too happy to stay where she was in the warmth :lol: lol
So that is how she came into the world...and all the midwives and nurses in the operating theatre were shocked by her size (as all through my pregnancy i was not measuring bigger at all) and she was the biggest baby of the night...her little claim to fame :D

and here she is at a couple of weeks old :cloud9:
https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs235.snc3/22272_237138907241_635572241_3747198_3062422_n.jpg

Aww she is gorgeous, well done!xxx

Forgot to add that four weeks on she now weighs 11lb and still going strong!!its just a shame she has given up sleeping during the day already.lol

Congratulations, hard work eh this giving birth business :lol:

I feel a bit guilty coz as births go, I had it pretty easy (once the epidural was in :lol: lol)!! The hardest thing for me was recovering from the c-section. but,i guess im destined to have all my children that way so il have to get used to it :rofl:
I was out of hospital by the monday evening coz it felt like I had been in there for days.i dont think my doctor was too happy about it but I dont like hospitals.lol

Here is the very first photo of her at just a few minutes old whilst I was still in 'recovery'...she was so wide awake and trying to take in everything around her. I wish I could have been as awake as she was so I could remember it better :dohh: haha

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16646_237269522243_603137243_4176601_3366781_n.jpg

aww she is a little stunner. Welldone and congrats :) you must be such a proud mummy

Wow what a gorgeous girl! Lovely name too. :)

Thanks ladies.i really appreciate your comments :D
Kiwimama-i have been told the name 'Lana' is quite popular around your side of the world.dont know how true or up to date that is though coz the comment did come from a 'senior citizen' :lol: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->