Fragmin injections?

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So yesterday we had our dating scan, saw a very healthy little baby, can't quite believe it! But afterwards we were asked to see a consultant, he said there was an issue with my last bloods and recommended fragmin injections and a higher dose of asprin. I'm a little scared by this, I haven't had any issues with this before in other pregnancies. Anyone else been through this?

Did he not specify what the problem was? I can understand you feeling worried when they haven't explained. I will start taking blood thinning injections from 28 weeks and I will take them for 6 weeks post partum as I have done in my previous pregnancies. In my case
I have something in my
Blood or I guess you would say have a gene mutation, it's surprisingly common it's Factor V Leiden also known as factor 5 Leiden. It means I'm at a higher risk of developing a blood clot or for issue with placenta or God forbid still birth, but everything should be just fine if I take the injections and I have had three healthy children xx

Have just noticed in your siggy Hun that you have sadly had 15 losses, I'm surprised that they have never picked up on this before and sounds like really good news that they have now and these injections should keep your baby healthy :) X

Thank you so much for your reply. I have an appointment with my midwife monday to discuss why ive been asked to take the medication. All was fine until I had bloods taken last week. Over the last few years through the losses ive had so many tests done and it never seems to have been an issue. I'm just so confused.

Can I ask do they injections hurt? I'm so nervous about the prospect of injecting myself :( im aware I sound like a total wimp lol

It's a little bit sore Hun but it's not the needle it's the medicine itself that's a little stingy. You soon get used to it though, I have always had my hubby do it for me but this time I'm going to try and do it myself in the hopes that it will
Hurt a little less. It's really not too bad chick and the knowledge that it's keeping your baby safe will make it much easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->