Fragranced or Fragranced free baby wipes?

nessajane

Reaction score
does it matter which ones we use on our LO?
Some people have said its best to use fragrancedd free??

fragrance free. i'd always go as natural as possible. Who wants to put perfume on a brand new baby anyway?

Definetly fragnance free fragnance ones can cause rashes etc.

yeh fragrance free but when they are abit older like my two yr old i use the fragranced ones!

TBH....it depends on the brands too coz the Pampers ones....both fragrance free and fragranced but sting my little girls faces when I use them as a quick clean up.
Huggies though....fragranced and fragrance free seem much gentler and don't seem to sting them at all, I much prefer them.

I think it depends on the amount of "alcohol" in them too....fragrance free doesn't mean they don't have other chemicals in them:hissy:

I've just bought a selection of everrryyy type :lol: i will decide which type i like best later on

Newborns have a very acute sense of smell, so even mild fragrances might be overwhelming for them. I'd go fragrance free.
I'd also read the ingredient list and check for some of the harsher chemicals. I've always been a bit shocked that baby brands like Johnson & Johnsons will have products made with things like sodium lauryth sulfate - that dries out the skin and hair of most adults, let alone delicate baby skin.

I have been told to use fragrance free so I have bought huggies pure. It says on the pack that they are fragrance free and pretty much identical to using cotton wool and water

Tom suffers really bad from nappy rash and the only thing that seems mild enough other than cotton and water is Huggies Pure - it is just like water and cotton! Marvelous!

Yes I agree! I use the Fragranced ones for my 2 year old...but fragranced free for newborn! Huggies are definately the best..although they are expensive and 4 times as thick...but they are lovely and soft on babies bottom! I also found that on my 2 year old son huggies nappies were the only disposable that didnt cause nappy rash and held in all the wee and runny poos! Especailly on boys where wee goes everywhere!!!!! :lol: I highly recommend huggies nappies! THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!
Once they start solids though...eeew yukky poos!

im planning on using cotton wool and water for the first few months, should i be using baby wipes?!

It's your choice Kadey, :) You don't have to use wipes straight away.

I'm doing the same as you. Using cotton wool & water for the first 3/4 months. Newborns skin is really delicate and sensitive, so that's the reason I'm not using wipes straight away. I prefer to use cotton wool at first anyway.

I've bought Johnsons baby wipes for when I start using them. I don't know if they're fragranced or unfragranced. I'll just see if they suit my baby's skin, if they do they're fine. :D

im planning on using cotton wool and water for the first few months, should i be using baby wipes?!

Sweetie, with Lauren I only used cooled, boiled water for months

...with my next one I still used water and cotton wool but just for the 1st week or so.

...with Toby I just went to wipes once I got out of hospital.

It's funny how strict we are with ourselves with the 1st one and by the time you've had a few, you are soooooooooo much more relaxed:blush:

I've bought Johnsons baby wipes for when I start using them. I don't know if they're fragranced or unfragranced. I'll just see if they suit my baby's skin, if they do they're fine. :D

I don't think I've ever seen unfragrance Johnsons wipes....I reckon a good test is to take your excess make up off with a baby wipe before having a wash. I found that Johnsons and Pampers both sting my face, Huggies and Simple ones didn't...everyone's different and all babies are different too but I think "if it stings me, it may well sting baby":dohh:

Saying that....I have still used the Pampers and Johnsons ones on occasion:dohh::blush:

its up to you hun, i would use cotton wool and water but i can not stand the feeling of cotton wool its goes through me :( as to why im using wipes straight away!!

i used cotton wool and water and if i went anywhere i'd dampen some beforehand and out them in a little plastic bag, when she was a few months old i used lotion and cotton wool, and after a year old i used johnson fragrance cos 13 yrs ago they didnt have fragrance free, but fragrance free still have a smell anyway i've just smelt one lol in mothercare.
i just love baby smell and bathed rosie everynight till she was going 5yrs old had the same bed routine for years, bath, milk, brush teeth cuddle and story then into bed.

It is recommended not to use any products on babies skin for the first 6wks.
I have been using just plain water and cotton wool it cleans her up just perfect (even the yucky black tar poo!)

There was a lady in hospital who was using baby wipes on her LO straight away, she got sort of told off by the midwives as her baby had a really bad rash they had to get the consultant to come take a look at him!

Personally i would stick with just plain water, but everyone has different preferences and experiences....

I don't think I've ever seen unfragrance Johnsons wipes....I reckon a good test is to take your excess make up off with a baby wipe before having a wash. I found that Johnsons and Pampers both sting my face, Huggies and Simple ones didn't...everyone's different and all babies are different too but I think "if it stings me, it may well sting baby":dohh:

Saying that....I have still used the Pampers and Johnsons ones on occasion:dohh::blush:

I'd have gotten Huggies baby wipes while I've got Huggies nappies, but I don't like the wipes. They tear when you take them out the packet. And they're plain, and don't feel soft. So that's why I've gone for Johnsons. I've not heard anything bad from them, so I'm just going to give them a try and see how it goes. :)

Cotton wool and water for me, and then reusable wipes. Also using reusable nappies/liners. Anyone else?

I dunno what they're called but you can get some sort of Organic wipe things?? They're in a white packet with green leaves on.
They're usually pretty well reviewed,fragrance free and bio degradable too (so Iv heard :blush: )

Ill probably be using cotton wool for the first few months and then test out a few wipes after that, same as most others xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->