Frankie Boyle makes sick joke about Harvey Price

A

annawrigley

https://dev.getcomedy.com/news/katie-price-sue-frankie-boyle-over-tramadol-nights-joke

Sorry if this has been posted already!
I wasn't a huge fan of him before, thought he was quite funny on Mock the Week but my jaw dropped when he said this on Tramadol Nights, absolutely vile!!! Lost any shred of respect I may have once had for him.

I think he can be extremely funny, so went to see him in Glasgow earlier this year. He was really vile though - it was just constant jokes about peodiphilia and the disabled. I won't be going to see him again.

Laura x

I was at his live show 2 wks ago and have watched his show on tv the last couple weeks.

I didnt watch your clip, but am sure its the jokes I am thinking - there were 2 in particular about Harvey.

Yes, the jokes are sick and when I think back, yes they were.

However, at the time the jokes were hilarious in amongst everything else that I was laughing at.

Remember they are jokes - he doesnt actually mean them.
:flower:

There's just no need for jokes like that imo.

:flower:

Thats disgraceful, imo.
I'm not normally oversensitive either, i just think there are many other things to make fun of, than an innocent child.

My feelings about the programme are pretty much summed up in my blog (shameless plug :blush:)

I thought FB was pretty funny on MTW but as time has gone on the problem is that he has become less funny, repetitive and his jokes more like bullying jibes than witty observations.

Ergh that is absolutely disgusting!

I cant believe anyone could say such thing about an innocent little boy.

I know fans of his would argue that they are just jokes but you gotta think if that was your child he was talking about would you be laughing?

Defo not, i'm sure if he had a disabled child he wouldn't be making the same jokes.. and if he would then thats awful. :(

Ergh that is absolutely disgusting!

I cant believe anyone could say such thing about an innocent little boy.

I know fans of his would argue that they are just jokes but you gotta think if that was your child he was talking about would you be laughing?
Exactly my thoughts :shrug:
I usually find 'outrageous' humour quite funny but there is a line you dont cross! And implying a defenceless disabled child would rape its mother.... :shock: there are no words!

Yuck. Disabled children? There are few lines you shouldn't cross but that really is one of them.

I used to like him, and I like offensive comedy, but now I think he has lost the will to be funny and just the will to shock people. Way too far.

I used to like Frankie Boyle on Mock the Week - he was close to the knuckle at times but still funny. This has changed my opinion - don't like Katie Price but jokes about her disabled son are unacceptable and not remotely funny. It's like the so called comedy of Chubby Brown etc. - they rely on being racist, homophobic etc. which are just not funny imo. Luckily there are plenty of good comedians out there who are wickedly funny without being sick.

He is probably trying to be another Jimmy Carr and failing!

I LOVE Frankie Boyle and part of his charm is that he doesn't censor at all. This was one of his more extreme jokes though... I gasped rather than laughing.

C4 did warn at the start that it contained material viewers WILL find offensive... normally they say may find offensive... but this week it was will...

KP has probably only sued so she can go on This Morning yet again and talk about it. If you are going to live your life in the media the way she has, occasionally comedians are going to make jokes about you.

Perhaps Boyle crossed a line, but KP has crossed many lines herself in the past IMO.

I agree that KP has probably offended people in the past...but to attack a poor innocent child is just disgusting no matter who his mother is.
xxx

I think he's done exactly what he set out to do. Shocked and offended people that much that he'll get talked about! I think he's hilarious, and his stuff really isn't for most people, but I agree he's gone a bit far this time. I'll still watch him though. I'm sure if you search enough, most comedians will have done something just as bad at one time or another.

I quite like FB but I also gasped at this joke, rather than laugh at it. I think everybody knows that he is very offensive and there was a strong warning before the programme.
I have a mixed opinion about this. On one hand, I do think it was just a joke. On the other hand, if the joke was about MY baby, I wouldn't think it was funny.
I think the worst thing, in my opinion, is that KP is going to be all over the telly now being outraged and making out that she's the perfect mum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->