Frankie Boyle makes sick joke about Harvey Price

Tbh im all for the jokes and understand that lots of jokes comedians say are quite bad. i do however think this 1 was abit ott. but it really makes you think bcus frankie boyle obviously doesnt mean it but clearly feels he has to say shit like this so hes viewers find it funny. So really its what the public has come to expect now. Hes not saying it for hes on benifit hes saying to get laughs at by the public, which i think awful the fact thats he feels he has to say stuff like this in order for people to like him. And even more worse that the public enjoy horrible jokes like it. xx

He is out to shock, that's his style I guess. Yes it's sick, but then I wouldn't go and see his show.

We got his DVD last year at Christmas and even DH (who doesn't have the cleanest sense of humour) said he was just saying those sorts of things for the shock value. But I guess some people must find him funny - I did on Mock The Week,

I dont see why anyone would find a joke about a child let alone a disabled child funny. Harvey isnt my son and I think its a nasty vile comment.
Who in their right mind would say such a thing... Absolutely disgusting.

The thing is though, and I'm probably going to get slated for this, but out of everyone who is outraged by this - how many people actually saw it and heard the 'joke'? It's like that whole Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross/Andrew Sachs thing - loads of people got up in arms about it, but hadn't actually heard it.
I don't really know what kind of point I'm trying to make, maybe if FB offends you, dint watch his show.

I think he can be funny, but there is no excuse to target individuals. I mean targeting volunerable groups is bad enough, but to target someone individually is cruel, it opens them up to all sorts of abuse from other people :(

Xx

The thing is though, and I'm probably going to get slated for this, but out of everyone who is outraged by this - how many people actually saw it and heard the 'joke'? It's like that whole Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross/Andrew Sachs thing - loads of people got up in arms about it, but hadn't actually heard it.
I don't really know what kind of point I'm trying to make, maybe if FB offends you, dint watch his show.

Kinda like what i was trying to say, lol. he obviously feels he has to say that to keep a certain auidience and thers clearly an audience out ther for him.

Jiimy carr can b realy crude sometimes about peadaphiles. which is a bad part of my past but i no its just humour and he doesnt mean it. And am aware of how he can speak before i watch, guess its like marmite you either love it or ya hate it xx

I didn't see this but my friend was telling me about it the other night (tbh I have no idea who this 'funny-gy' is...)
I think it is disgraceful, I don't mind some comedy which is borderline rude but when it gets personal with names mentioned it is taken too far.
Cheap laughs.
Disgusting man.

KP has probably only sued so she can go on This Morning yet again and talk about it. If you are going to live your life in the media the way she has, occasionally comedians are going to make jokes about you.

Perhaps Boyle crossed a line, but KP has crossed many lines herself in the past IMO.

Why should Harvey have to pay for his mums history though? he didnt ask to be brought into the media and had no choice about it.

I think she should expect jokes about HERSELF for everything she has done but i 100% dont think that its fair for her little boy to be dragged into it.

hes an innocent child and she dont need to use it as an excuess to get on This Morning

KP has probably only sued so she can go on This Morning yet again and talk about it. If you are going to live your life in the media the way she has, occasionally comedians are going to make jokes about you.

Perhaps Boyle crossed a line, but KP has crossed many lines herself in the past IMO.

Why should Harvey have to pay for his mums history though? he didnt ask to be brought into the media and had no choice about it.

I think she should expect jokes about HERSELF for everything she has done but i 100% dont think that its fair for her little boy to be dragged into it.

hes an innocent child and she dont need to use it as an excuess to get on This Morning

Jordan is vile, never liked her and she doesn't do herself any favours either but I think even she has the right to be pretty p****d off about this t***s comments....!

Katie Price is a public figure and fair game for comedians, it is one of the costs of being in the public eye. Harvey however is not a public figure, he is a child and jokes about him aren't right.

The fact that he is disabled and the comments were specifically related to his disability make it even lower. He already faces extra challenges, he shouldn't have to put up with being comic material for this idiot.

:thumbup:

"Channel 4 has refused to apologise for the comment by Boyle, stating that it is part of his live routine which has been used previously on his tour, the channel also issued a warning of explicit and ‘uncompromising adult material’ before screening the show on Tuesday night."

With regards to the joke, can someone PM where it refers to his disability? I did watch the show and I can't remember anything being said?!

EDIT: Just watched it on youtube. I can't hear him say anything about Harvey actually being disabled. He just jokes about him. Would this be the same if Harvey wasn't disabled? Would people still be in uproar? Just curious :flower:
(Like I said in the other thread in GC, im just coming from another angle!)

I used to love Frankie Boyle however after hearing about him making nasty 'jokes' about people with Down Syndrome at a gig earier in the year and then this about Harvey I'm fuming.

Making jokes abut disabled children is absolutely disgusting :growlmad: If he ever had to walk in the footsteps of those of us who have disabled children I think he'd think again about making jokes like that.

see the way i read it was he was saying harvey being big (heavy etc) hence her needing alex the strong cage fighter i didnt see anything about hes disability i may have red wrong xx

With regards to it being if it were my child he were making jokes about.

I would think he was a ******* and move on. I wouldn't let it bother me because at the end of the day there's people out there saying/physically doing worse things. All it is, is words.

Sticks and stones and all that!

That's the thing though - she has made him a public figure. She has thrust him into the limelight. If there wasn't so much knowledge about them and their family, the joke probably wouldn't have been made. She has thrust him into the limelight.

I'm definitely in the minority here - but I'm not offended by it. Jimmy Carr makes really good points about offensive jokes - and what people choose to take offence at. I saw him live last year and he went into then briefly too. If people put as much energy into confronting real issues that really matter than they do about complaining about things like this (and the Andrew Sachs matter etc etc) then maybe more things would get done.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/nov/05/jimmy-carr-paralympics-joke

That's the thing though - she has made him a public figure. She has thrust him into the limelight. If there wasn't so much knowledge about them and their family, the joke probably wouldn't have been made. She has thrust him into the limelight.

I'm definitely in the minority here - but I'm not offended by it. Jimmy Carr makes really good points about offensive jokes - and what people choose to take offence at. I saw him live last year and he went into then briefly too. If people put as much energy into confronting real issues that really matter than they do about complaining about things like this (and the Andrew Sachs matter etc etc) then maybe more things would get done.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/nov/05/jimmy-carr-paralympics-joke

I shall be in the minority with you!! :thumbup:
Katie Price is/was public enemy number 1. So was Jade Goody at some point. I think people sometimes forget that when they are shocked by the 'next' thing.

The thing is that Frankie Boyle used to be funny. Then he realised he could get away with being shocking instead of funny. There's a difference between dark humour and just saying nasty things because you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->