Frankie

bump_wanted

Ollie's Mummy & Just Preg
Reaction score
We are thinking about Frankie as our name if we have a boy.. But obviously with the new pope taking Francis as his name do you think it will rise hugely in popularity? Xx

Id say it could, but as long as you like it who cares? :)

Possibly, but I wouldn't say it's as likely to be as popular as the name of Kate and Will's baby though! Go for it if you love it :)

We are thinking about Frankie as our name if we have a boy.. But obviously with the new pope taking Francis as his name do you think it will rise hugely in popularity? Xx

I don't think so, I've not heard of names of the pope becoming massively popular (I don't know if I'm out of the loop though?!) I'd imagine people would use the full name Francis rather than Frankie if they were going to name their child after the pope.

I agree With the above comment; wills and Kate's baby name will be massively popular!!

Xx

We would have had Frankie if having a name, I love it, think it's a gorgeous name so go for it!

I'm panicking Kate is having a girl and will chose the name we've picked and then everyone will think we copied them even though I'll have mine first, I really worry about the stupidest things lol!!

My brother is Frankie and he is 9 and he has never met another Frankie yet so definitely not too popular and I don't think the pope being called Francis will affect it :) lovely name, go for it xx

We would have had Frankie if having a name, I love it, think it's a gorgeous name so go for it!

I'm panicking Kate is having a girl and will chose the name we've picked and then everyone will think we copied them even though I'll have mine first, I really worry about the stupidest things lol!!

I am worried about the same thing! xxx

Haha, what do you think they will call him/her? I really think it's a her and have such a weird feeling they will call her Rose and I've chosen Rosalie with nn Rose aaaaggghhhh!!! xx

Haha, what do you think they will call him/her? I really think it's a her and have such a weird feeling they will call her Rose and I've chosen Rosalie with nn Rose aaaaggghhhh!!! xx

I'm not sure about girls names! Wondered whether they'd have Diana as a middle name but not sure if it'd be abit contraversial! Boys names I think it'll be one of the obvious traditional boys names, Edward, George, Henry, Charles.... along that sort of line- maybe not some of those though but you get my jist. We are calling our boy Arthur I'll be gutted if they go for that! Rosalie is a gorgeous name!

You could call him Franklin, Frankie for short. I don't think there will be a drastic amount of people naming their sons after the pope, but then I'm not Catholic so what do I know :haha:

We are naming our little girl Frances, and I am SURE everyone will think she's named after the pope! Though she's not, and even if the name rises in popularity and everyone spells hers wrong (I guess the 'es' is more common for female spelling), we still love the name and are sticking with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->