Freakin out... DTD, no protection, 7 weeks postpartum?

Amsan

Reaction score
Soooo quick question... I had Luke 7 weeks ago. Saturday night, his dad and I DTD without any protection :)dohh:). I've been on birth control for barely a week, and my last period was from November 20-November 25th, so I think if I'm adding correctly I should have been ovulating on Saturday...

I'm hoping maybe you ladies can help tell me if I need to be worried about getting pregnant so quickly or what the chances of getting pregnant at this stage are.

(Not sure where this would go so I am sorry if it's in the wrong part)

Are you breastfeeding?

I am 8 months PP and I just now think my fertility is returning. DTD multiple times using NFP since LO was born.

I think if you have been on the pill for 7 days, you should probably be okay.

Well, I re-read your message, and I feel like an idiot. Ovulation should not be occuring at all on the pill, but you haven't been on it that long. What did they tell you when you started? Back when I used to be on the pill, if you started during AF they said you were good from day 1. If not, you were good after 7 days. Therefore, you have been on it 7 days, you are probably safe.

Ovulation typically occurs on day 14 of your cycle, which would mean you're likely to ovulate on Wednesday December 4th. Sperm can very well last that long up there, or you could ovulate earlier than Wednesday. It's definitely not impossible...

Plan B (emergency contraception) is still an option if you don't want another baby.

Are you breastfeeding?

I am 8 months PP and I just now think my fertility is returning. DTD multiple times using NFP since LO was born.

I think if you have been on the pill for 7 days, you should probably be okay.

Well, I re-read your message, and I feel like an idiot. Ovulation should not be occuring at all on the pill, but you haven't been on it that long. What did they tell you when you started? Back when I used to be on the pill, if you started during AF they said you were good from day 1. If not, you were good after 7 days. Therefore, you have been on it 7 days, you are probably safe.

I think he said "a couple days" lol. My dr is so vague.

Ovulation typically occurs on day 14 of your cycle, which would mean you're likely to ovulate on Wednesday December 4th. Sperm can very well last that long up there, or you could ovulate earlier than Wednesday. It's definitely not impossible...

Plan B (emergency contraception) is still an option if you don't want another baby.

Ooookay. I never paid attention to ovulation, etc before. I just assumed since I just had Luke not too long ago I'd be fertile Mertyle. :haha:

I think I may pick up Plan B today JUST in case..

Not to acare you but at 8 weeks pp I had unprotected sex once and im now 12 weeks pregnant....but I wasnt on the pill

Not to acare you but at 8 weeks pp I had unprotected sex once and im now 12 weeks pregnant....but I wasnt on the pill

That's what I'm worried about lol.

I think its a very fertile time, to be safe you can get the morning after pill but dont think it would be very effective now. But chances are if its just once you should be ok (even though it got me preg)

I thought you have 72 hours to take it???
I'm gonna grab it on my way home from work, JUST in case and to be extra safe. I do not want/need another baby right now! Shitshitshit. ](*,)](*,)](*,)

Yes you have 72 hours to take it but the sooner the more effective. I'm super paranoid about getting pregnant again too! Even though we've used protection every time I panic.

As the others have said you have 72 hours to take the MAP but the longer you wait the lower the "success" rate. Chances are you'll be OK but you are more fertile soon after having a baby (apparently 3 weeks-3 months pp is your most fertile period), although on the other hand many women don't start ovulating again for several months, if your BF'ing at least (not sure about ff)

I'm FF. :wacko:

I guess it's been almost 48 hours. I knew I should have went yesterday to get it. Ugh.

Well this happened to me and my little boy is due in feb ;) lol!

I hadn't started any pill though. Never got round to doing it... Funny that ;)

I'm sure it'll be ok chick. X

We dtd at 7wks PP with no protection and im not on any birth control. I got my period exactly 2 weeks later... so i must have ovulated very close to when we dtd... lucky escape there!

Yeah and you may not even have ovulated yet lol, if you are going to at all.

Try to relax these next couple weeks :)

Oh goodness. :hugs:

This is why I won't let DH touch me. :haha: Abstinence is the safest sex... I see things are turning around for you and your OH though, ;)

No advice, I haven't started my period yet since PP. x

Oh goodness. :hugs:

This is why I won't let DH touch me. :haha: Abstinence is the safest sex... I see things are turning around for you and your OH though, ;)

No advice, I haven't started my period yet since PP. x

:rofl: They had been turning around... orrrrr so I thought. :roll: However, I blame this particular night on the fact that I had a baby sitter and it was my first night out having a drink since having Luke. Otherwise, I would not have to be worrying right now :rofl:

As parents though, we're getting along. As a "couple", still not so much. I think maybe partially its because I'm still hormonal/scared, understandably. Or maybe because I found out he was still trying to get with other females while I was pregnant and maybe now I just feel like a last resort I guess if none of them actually wanted him. :dohh: F idk.

And I probably will be freaking out for the next couple weeks either way lol. I got a pill similar to Plan B, I think it was "Next Choice" or something like that? :shrug: Freaking hope it works. I love my baby, don't get me wrong, but I HATED being pregnant and I do NOT want another lol.

yes ur v fertile! so with takig pill for less than a week n dtd voids the pill.so yes u could be preg. plan b isnt that effective unless take morning after

fxd u get result u want xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->