Freakin' out!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mz_jackie86, Sep 30, 2008.

1. mz_jackie86

mz_jackie86 Well-Known Member

Hey,

I am really freakin out i have my 12 wk scan on friday and after reading a few post im scared nothin will be there!
    Ive had a bit of stress this weekend so thats addin to me feelin this way!
    I wish i could jus have it now and get it out the way!
    What are the chances of miscarriage after seein a heartbeat at 9 weeks does anyone know!?
    x

2. Jessa

Jessa Guest

I think the chances of a m/c drop significantly after you hear a heartbeat. Try not to worry too much. I'm sure that everything is fine!

3. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Iv read on several internet sites that when you get to nine week, the chance of m/c drops dramaticaly, and so on every week. If you havent had any pain or bleeing then im sure you'll be fine hun :) Try not to worry and enjoy your pregnancy!
    X

4. claire-eedie

claire-eedie Expecting #3!

Agreed. They say that after you've seen a heartbeat your chances of mc are greatly reduced. Mine 12 wk scan's on Mon. So I know where you're coming from... It's so nerve wracking. Sure we'll both be fine! xxx

5. mz_jackie86

mz_jackie86 Well-Known Member

Thanks hun, good luck for your one to!! xx

6. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I also heard that if you hear the heartbeat from 8 weeks on the chances of miscarriage drop dramatically. It wont stop you worrying until you see your LO on screen though if you're anything like me! I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine, good luck!:hugs:

7. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

After seeing the heartbeat the risk lowers . I went to my 1st scan lats time and found out i had a blighted ovum. It was such a shock but if i had an early scan i would have had an idea as there would be nothing in the sack.

I bet u will be great :happydance:

8. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Awww sweets. I have that same fear :'( my appointment was moved so now I cant get my 11-13 week referal for the scan. now I have to wait till I am 16+ weeks pregnant to see the baby. It is soooo hard :'( Good luck sweety I am sure all is well. Us momma's are just worry warts.

9. v2007

v2007 Well-Known Member

I also have my dating scan on Friday, i have to confess im still POAS:blush::blush:.

What your thinking is normal, i last saw HB at 7 wks so ive been waitin 4 everrrrrrrrrrrr.

Everything will be fine.

V x x

10. charliesmom

charliesmom Dad, daughter, 2 chis

I think it's only 2 - 4% that any complications will occur after you've seen the heartbeat. So you have a 96-98% chance of a healthy baby!