Freaking Out

Hoping4lil1

Reaction score
Here's my situation in a nutshell. When I found out I was pregnant I was working in a temporary teaching position. Since my baby was born in the middle of the school year, I decided to take a year off. Why bother looking for a new job when you need to take maternity leave right away?

My husband has been putting on some (valid) pressure for me to start looking for a new job. I have been, but things are rather scarce and I am starting to panic. This is why I am sitting up posting this at 2 am. Not only am I finding the job market to be slim pickings, but I think I might have a serious mental breakdown having to leave my baby (all this time has really made me pretty attached).

I have been up all night looking for ways to work from home and I just don't seem to be getting anywhere. So, I am turning to you for advice. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can work from home? I have a BA in education and an MA in school counseling. Any help or ideas would be appreciated :)

Could you tutor students in your home? :flower:

Childminding? I'm not sure what age you teach but parents will pay top dollar for childminders qualified in teaching especially looking after pre-school age kids if you stress your business from a 'school preparation' standpoint? You'd need level 3 to be able to accept the 15 free hours though which would be important for the aged children you'd be aimed at for school prep.

There are a lot of 'online' teaching jobs also

There are a lot of 'online' teaching jobs also

had a friend who did this from the comfort of his own home, a few classes a week via webcam. Had a great time doing it and said it wasn't too hard once you got used to speaking to yourself :)

I would try contacting educational publishers and see if they have any need for authors. Usually their materials are written by qualified teachers. It may take a while but can't hurt to send out a few emails with your CV attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->