Freaking out

pinkbunny

Reaction score
Although we have been ttc for a yr, me and my oh decided two months ago to buy a flat. We are just about to exchange and im now starting to panic about what we will be able to afford with a LO on the way :wacko:

i am completely freaking out about what will happen when we have the LO and ill be on maternity leave so wont be earning as much

does anyone else feel like this......

first of all, don't panic!!
It will be a stretch, but you'll manage it. There are lots more 'affordable' ways of kitting out ready for bubs.
Try Ebay for items, it's great. My friend is ordering her pram from there and it's brand new - £50!!
Also, you may find that once friends and family know you are pregnant, they'll come forward to help with hand me downs??xx

Also, remember, you don't ACTUALLY need all that so much stuff for a baby....I really think that a lot of people who get all the kit are buying it for themselves and how it will look to others - the baby doesn't need much - as long as it safe, warm, dry, cuddled, loved and fed, it will be a happy baby.

Oh yes! We conceived totally by surprise and we are just about to open a store which has eaten up so much of our money that the only transportation we have is OHs motorcycles. Can't go to my doc until we fix the flat tire on the car. We are doing it all on just his income now because I've been so sick that I couldn't keep my job. Now there are no jobs to be found in this area.

Pretty bad timing for birth control to fail! Despite it all though we are both excited. We had planned to do this eventually anyway, just happened sooner than we thought it would.

Just remember, if someone offers you baby stuff TAKE IT! Who cares if it's boys or girls colors? A lot of it is gender neutral anyway. Plus, you can dress a girl baby in all pink with a bow on her head and you are still gonna have people telling you how cute your SON is! haha My poor daughter ended up wearing lots of onesies around the house with trucks and such on them. :) They get dirty so quick, you won't care after about a week.

And just so no one gets upset that I have 2 kids with no transportation, don't worry. They are with their dad. Even though we've been divorced 4 years he somehow thinks they shouldn't know I'm pregnant.. like it's going to go away or something just because he doesn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->