Freaking out

alikat27

Reaction score
So I just got done with my first appointment with the doctor after getting BFP last Friday (7 days ago) and one every day since then. The doctor ran a pregnancy test--BFP--and felt my uterus, which she said was soft and approx. 5-7 weeks.

According to my LMP, I'm 6 weeks 4 days, but since I'm irregular we went for a vaginal ultrasound. The ultrasound lady didn't see anything--no gestational sac, and no baby. No thickening of uterus, either

They said there's a possibility I might be too early to show, but I'm freaking out here. I haven't had any of the usual pregnancy symptoms (no MS, no frequent urination, although I did have my first hot flash last night!) so I'm super duper worried. She checked for ectopic pregnancy but didn't see anything there either... and I haven't had any spotting or pain at all, just a little bit of pressure and stretching which I assumed was the uterus stretching.

Help! Has anyone else had symptoms like this? I'm feeling terrified because it's probably meaning CP, but I won't know for a couple of days until bloodwork comes back. Bless my sweet doctor though, she's making them rush the labs so that I give my second sample on Sunday instead of waiting until the Monday. At least I know she's looking out for me :) But ahhhh I want my little bean so bad!

Hey hun, at around 5/6 weeks, I went for an internal scan because I was bleeding lightly/ spotting and only the sac was seen simply because it was way too early too see anything significant. Went back at 8weeks for a check up and saw the yolk and sac fully... These things take time to develop but in a couple of weeks, you'll definitely see progression. Don't stress - it's completely normal! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy x

Oh hun, try to relax. I'm in a similar situation - read this: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...er/2228567-5w-instead-7w-really-confused.html

I have no symptoms right now either!

Thank you both for replying. After coming home from work and having sufficient time to Google things, I've read a mix... situations like mine that end in miscarriage and ruptured tubes, or babies that were just hiding and came through loud and clear on the US a week or so later. The waiting game is just the worst!

Lovepurple90 and Sigh, I'm so glad your situations turned out so well. Fingers crossed for you both... and for me as well!

I haven't personally experienced this but I have a friend who did.with her first pregnancy she went in a 6 w 2 d and they found a heartbeat! They said it probably started beating that day. With her second, she went in at 6w4d and they only found a small sac. They were worried and told her to prepare herself. At 8 weeks, baby was in there with hb and just fine. Both her kiddos are well now and are 4 and 1. Just shows that every pregnancy is different, even with the same woman.

I had some spotting with dd2 and got sent for an early scan for safety. Ultrasound tech said nothing other then he wanted me to come back in a week as it was too early he thought. I said OK, but as I was scheduling my next scan he put his clip board down next to me and I'm a snoop so I looked and it was my file and he had "no sac" in big letters written on it!! I FREAKED out the whole next week but by the next scan all was well. She's almost 3 now and no problems. I don't remember the specific weeks, but it was early as I had just found out I was pregnant so maybe between 5 and 7? Give or take :) good luck

Thank you all for your replies. It's nice to know that I don't have to lose hope yet! Time to play the waiting game...

Hate the waiting game. So I POAS again. Another BFP, showed up within 20 seconds, darker than the control IRL.

Praying for my sticky baby (sticky in my uterus!)
https://i57.tinypic.com/2rffp1t.jpg

I had my first early scan at 5.5w and they could only see the sac. No 'fetal pole' as she so kindly worded it.

I went back at 7.5w and there was little bean, heartbeat heard and all.

I won't tell you not to stress, cus we all do! But you can only be positive :hugs:

So I got my blood work results today. HCG count on Friday was 155; today (Sunday) it's 147. I'm no expert, but that means miscarriage, right?

I'm super sad about it but very relieved it wasn't ectopic. Hoping levels drop to under 5 soon so we can start trying again.

Thanks to everyone for all your well-wishes :)

I am so sorry! I honestly have never had my levels taken some have no idea what is good and what is not. Did your dr. Say anything when he gave you the results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->