Freaking Out

babymabey

Reaction score
There has been a few times over the last 24 where I have went to the restroom and there is pink tinged mucus when I wipe and I am having cramping as well. I am only 7 weeks, is this normal? Has anyone else had this and everything turned out to be okay? I am trying to to stress about it too much because I know stress can make things worse but I freak out every time I go to the bathroom now waiting for full on bleeding to start.

Tons of ladies, myself included :)

Cramping is totally normal and anything but red blood is considered "normal". I had this happen 8 - 10 weeks and wound up being diagnosed with BV which sucked but is along the same lines of thrush in so far as it's not anything you did or didn't do, damned PH imbalances.

If you're concerned, ring your OB and have them do a culture and see if they'll do an early US - just don't be concerned if they don't see much of anything at this point due to how early on you are. You SHOULD be able to see sac, fetal pole, and MAYBE HB.

Tons of ladies, myself included :)

Cramping is totally normal and anything but red blood is considered "normal". I had this happen 8 - 10 weeks and wound up being diagnosed with BV which sucked but is along the same lines of thrush in so far as it's not anything you did or didn't do, damned PH imbalances.

If you're concerned, ring your OB and have them do a culture and see if they'll do an early US - just don't be concerned if they don't see much of anything at this point due to how early on you are. You SHOULD be able to see sac, fetal pole, and MAYBE HB.

I have my first US scheduled for Fri but if the spotting continues I am going to call Monday and see if I can get in earlier. With my son we heard the HB at 6 wks 3 days so we should be able to hear this one at over 7, hopefully. I am just feeling scared because I had 3 miscarriages (and over 2 years TTC) before getting pregnant with my son, this time it took us 14 cycles with no losses so I have been nervous since I got my BFP wondering if something will go wrong.

I had blood red bleeding through the night at 6w1d. No clots and it was gone by the time it was time to get up for work. Both my twins had a heartbeat that morning at my first u/s and showed good growth and increased heart rates at 8w. Waiting now until 13 weeks for my next apt, but so far things seem to be moving along. I'm still nauseous and tired so I assume things are still going well.

I bet you are fine. Might be put on pelvic rest though.

I had blood red bleeding through the night at 6w1d. No clots and it was gone by the time it was time to get up for work. Both my twins had a heartbeat that morning at my first u/s and showed good growth and increased heart rates at 8w. Waiting now until 13 weeks for my next apt, but so far things seem to be moving along. I'm still nauseous and tired so I assume things are still going well.

I bet you are fine. Might be put on pelvic rest though.

Thank you ladies so much for your replies. Both the cramps and the pinkish discharge are gone so I am hoping it was just growing pains and some breakthrough bleeding. I read that the placenta fully attaches to the uterus at 7 weeks and can cause some bleeding so maybe that was it? I think I will still call my Dr on Monday and see if I can get my appointment for earlier in the week because I really want to make sure everything is okay and I don't think I can wait until Fri.

I had a bright red bleed at 6 weeks and cramping as well as pain after. Two weeks later we found out it was due to a hematoma.
There can be so many reasons. It really is best to have someone take a look. For the hematoma I was put on pelvic rest, progesterone and some have to stay on bedrest for at least 2 weeks after a bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->