Free Clothes + OHs Bad Attitude

I think he is being terribly negative. I plan on going to a resale shop to fill out what I don't get at my shower next month. My DH and I could totally afford new stuff, but why spend so much money on something that the baby will only wear for such a short time. They do grow really fast, everyone keeps telling me. At a great local resale shop, onesies are $2 instead of $6+ for new ones. It all adds up.

Yeh I think he's being a bit negative.
We'd all love to be able to buy a brand new outfit for everyday of the baby's life I'm sure but unfortunately that's only reality for a few.

If they're brand new why does he have a problem anyway? Was the baby sick? If not then why would they be diseased?

Ok I've been buying things for years so I've got my collection but I wont turn 2nd hand goods away. I was offered a microwaze steriliser and breast pump the other day. My friend was bought them and never used them. She had 3 breast pumps. Only used 2 and out of those used the one only once.

The one she's giving me is an electric one she never took it out the box. Same as the steriliser. Now I could get all wierd about that but hey! Free stuff! Woohoo!! Lol.

In a way I can understand where he's coming from. I suppose he wants his child to be given the best but really I think he's over-reacting :)

Nothing wrong with it at all, a lot of our things have been donated by my mum that my brother used to be in. It's been a brilliant help to be honest, because we aren't really well off and probably would have struggled to get everything we needed for him.

I think your boyfriend is being a bit silly. It is nice to buy new things, but the amount of time your baby will be in them it's pointless spending a lot of money on things like that.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->