Freebirthing in the UK

M

Miss406

Just wondered if anyone has freebirthed in the UK and if so did you get any supplies yourself in, like cord clamps, the nose cleaner-outter (forgotten its name, lol) and stuff?

I don't intend on cutting the cord until the placenta has stopped pulsating and there is no blood in the cord - even then I may well keep the baby attached until the placenta is out.

Is there any thing in particular you read to make you feel more in control of the 'what if's that MAY arise?

Any help most appreciated thank you x :thumbup:

WOW this sounds fascinating, I've never even heard of it! Does it mean doing everything yourself? At home?

I'm planning a natural VBAC at home and would love to hear anything you have to say about home birthing being "high risk" etc! xx

WOW this sounds fascinating, I've never even heard of it! Does it mean doing everything yourself? At home?

I'm planning a natural VBAC at home and would love to hear anything you have to say about home birthing being "high risk" etc! xx

Hiya hun, Yep - this time I am taking control!
I've had two vba1c's and both times I didn't feel in control, great pressure to do as they say, regular this, regular that, even when the baby had just been delivered they were in an awful rush for me to deliver the placenta, to the extent they were pulling on the placenta - and if anythings going to cause a placenta hemorrhage....

The first HBA1C I planned at 36 weeks the obstetrician in charge of my 'care' decided to issue me a death threat ''IF you attempt this delivery you will die. You will give birth to a still born baby and if your are lucky need a hysterectomy'' The words still ring in my ears. I left the hospital deflated, almost agreeing to a second unnecessary surgery. But then as I had time to think about it, I thought these are the same people who cut me for little reason the first time around, do I really trust them this time around too? I lived at least 40 minutes from said hospital so should an emergency have arisen there could of been trouble. But as a woman I strongly believe you have to believe in yourself, keep the faith and keep strong. There are always going to be people who say birthing at home is ''brave'' or ''stupid'' or ''taking unnecessary risks'' but to me - that applies for all those willingly going into hospital for something as natural as giving birth..
In a hospital you are more likely to receive unwanted and unnecessary medical procedures and treatments..

Unfortunately for everyone involved in my care, the first ''birth'' I had taught me a great deal - don't trust them!
Also unfortunately for them I researched everything and realized I was not going to be taken advantage of ever again!

Best of luck with your HBAC, as I say, keep strong, keep the faith and believe in yourself xx

This was so exactly what I needed to hear today, thank you so much, you're a true inspiration! I'd love to chat with you any time about any of this, hope you find some help for your freebirthing! :) xxx

This was so exactly what I needed to hear today, thank you so much, you're a true inspiration! I'd love to chat with you any time about any of this, hope you find some help for your freebirthing! :) xxx

More than welcome...

I've had 5 children (pregnant with #6) and I think my midwives must hate me...

Only with my last pregnancy (twins) did they find out I have a blood disorder / trait. Every pregnancy they take booking in bloods despite my needle phobia - this time I polietly told them where to shove it. :thumbup:

It's like because of my fat-ness (I do take the pee, I apologize) correct term, high BMI, the midwife told me at 28 weeks I'd have to have a GTT (Glucose tolerance test, to make sure I don't have gestational diabeties)

I reminded her I don't have to have anything done, I also told her that if there was no indication of GD I wouldn't be having the GTT (For example, glucose in wee wee, measuring ahead of dates etc)..

Sometimes hun, you just got to stick up for yourself.. I learned very early on that these people only want what's best and easiest for themselves.

Caesarean her with an hour or so or let her naturally give birth that'll take a bed for hours.
I blame the government a lot because of the cutbacks within the NHS and allowing illegals into the country to claim the benefit of the NHS that they have not even contributed into - has got us into real troubles as a Country - but that said, well manors of a good midwife that really cares are hard to come by - and they're free!

My last midwife knew to the full extent of what I went through with my first and for that very reason she was always there for me, took her days off to come up to the hospital with my ultrasounds, even the night/morning I had the twins she was there for me - regardless it was interrupting her Valentines Dinner with her Husband, she was dedicated to me and the care of my unborn babies, unfortunately though her dedication and ethics cost her her job in the local surgery after I'd had my twins and she moved onto another District, because she stayed loyal to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->