freezable meals

eldar

Mama to Wyn and Will
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest any meals that can be made in advance and then frozen. I aim to have a freezer full of easy to pull out meals so that we can still eat fairly easily and healthily after the baby arrives!

I made Spaghetti Bol last night and made a huge vat of it - after we had eaten tea, 3x 2 person portions got frozen!

Any suggestions - I would like a variety of different meals but all I can think of are tomato based ones, chili and lasagna are next!

Chicken curry made with curry powder and chopped tomatos, another tomato one lol.
Different stews and soups freeze well.

I only freeze tomato-ey things, too, for some reason. Curry, chilli, spaghetti bolognese.
Ummmm...maybe have some bung-in-the-oven frozen food to hand too. Like fish fingers and stuff. Whatever you have, remember it might have to be eaten one handed :)

ohhh one handed advice is good!

I have now added shepherds pie to the freezer (in takeaway style metal containers so it can go striaght in oven, even written cooking instructions on the card top - OH can now cook!!!)

Am going to do chickpea and potato stew tonight, that always has extra portions to freeze.

i made a stew in my slow cooker it was .lovely but we had loads left so we froze it n its just as lovely warmed up

In the past I have made up batches of enchiladas (I am from South Texas) as well as veggie pot pie. Both freeze well and are hearty and filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->