Freezer recipes for new mums?

Kiree

proud mammy of 2 boys
Reaction score
hi all, does anyone have any suggestions what recipes i can stock my freezer with for first days with newborn? im trying to get organised and am all out of inspiration.. all suggestions greatfully recieved x

Chip shop
Chinese delivery
Kebab shop

:rofl:

Ding dinners - Microwave dinners lol
Potatoes and a deep fryer

Or do what I did starve the OH :blush: and lose weight :blush:

Potato hash
Chicken broth/soup
Shepherds Pie
Bolognaise Sauce
Chilli con carne
Currys
Meatballs in sauce
Home made pizzas

Just a few i routinely make and freeze! I hope im as organised as you nearer the time hunni!

Chip shop
Chinese delivery
Kebab shop

:rofl:

Ding dinners - Microwave dinners lol
Potatoes and a deep fryer

Or do what I did starve the OH :blush: and lose weight :blush:

Heehee I'm liking your style!

I always freeze lasagna, and pasta like ravioli and also stuffed crepes.
But I know u can freeze stews as well

I have made up extra pasta sauces and casseroles to use.
Meatballs,stuffed chicken breasts etc x

Hi well done for being so organised!!!
If you do bolognaise type mince then you can split it and when you defrost have pasta with it or jacket potato or turn it into a lasagne, I've added kidney beans and chilli powder after defrost to make chilli for jacket spuds. make sure you have lots of garlic bread in that helps bulk out these.
If you do mince and onions and split it after defrost you can make a pastry top, or a mash top and frozen veg for shepherds pie.
Stews are great too cos you can make a massive one on the stove and split it into two or three meals if theres not much in one portion then put extra veg or mash when dishing up.
I got some bags of frozen fish on offer and made fish pie a few of them may help.
But I never have enough glass/china dishes to freeze thats why I do the mince and stew options most so I can use plastic tubs.
Hope they help give you a few ideas xxx

thanks sonya never thought of doing it this way and turning it into something else once its defrosted. will be giving that a go!

im the same with containers, running out of them- and space in my freezer! x

thanks sonya never thought of doing it this way and turning it into something else once its defrosted. will be giving that a go!

im the same with containers, running out of them- and space in my freezer! x
Glad I could help x
i find marg tubs are good and ice cream tubs but am never sure if I should microwave some of them but if i'm not sure i just pop it under the hot tap to get the lump out solid. If you can find really thick freezer bags they are good. I try to get the stuff out night before but i never manage to think that far ahead... certainly not at the mo :dohh: pregnant brain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->