Freezing purees?...freezer bags or ice cube trays?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Is it ok to leave your freezed purees in a ice cube tray with a lid on it rather than freezer bags?

What do you do? xx

I use Flexible icecube trays from tesco and then put them in freezer bags that have a seal along the top. I then pop them out to defrost in a small pot with a lid.

I use Flexible icecube trays from tesco and then put them in freezer bags that have a seal along the top. I then pop them out to defrost in a small pot with a lid.

That's what I did at first too - the trays are soft enough for you to pop the cubes out quite easily, but they don't have lids so I just put them in sealable freezer bags x

I put them in flexible ice cube trays also, and cover them with foil for 1 day. Then when frozen through, I put them in freezer bags.

I remember why I love baby and bump so much..just spend 20 mins literally bashing frozen pear out of ice cube trays!!!!!!!!!!! :hissy:

too read about you guys all debating the ins and outs of freezing food reminds me I am not the only one.

though just brought the AK trays so a bit easier with those..think I will put into bags after that though...do the cubes stick together in the bags??

or do you put a portion in each??

honestly I thought I had a reasonable brain but this weaning stuff is full time thinking :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->