Frequency of sex while TTC???

marius97

Reaction score
How important is it to only have sex every OTHER day during fertile times while TTC instead of every day? That advice seems so counter-intuitive to what you would want to do, but it is what I see most places. I always assumed that it was just to prevent sex from becoming mundane and a chore to do while TTC. The more I read, it sounds like that is an incorrect assumption. DW and I are up for a higher frequency, but we don't want to do anything to lessen our chance at conceiving...especially since we're 36/37 yrs old now. What have been your experiences and advice from doctors?

The latest studies seem to show that every day is OK for most :)

I think if he has a high count of healthy sperm should be fine. I'v managed to conceive using smep plan twice so i go with that whch is every other day then 3/4 days in a row once u get positive opk but if i don't manage to conceive on it this cycle (second cycle) then i'm thinking next cycle i'm going to try everyday for 5 days leading upto positive opk & 3/4 days after too. X

Every day is fine if there are no sperm issues. Every other day is recommended because a lot of people don't know if there are sperm issues.

I read recently that for the best chance you should bd every day
Doctors often say every other day simply because every day can become daunting and a chore. Every other day gives slightly less chance of conceiving than every day x

We BD ever day after AF until a week after O. It's just our normal. If you're worried about it, DH could get a SA, just to be sure. My DH hasn't had one yet, but he's 27 and I've only been off bcp since feb 8th. So we're just going with the flow for the first few months and hoping for a BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->