Frequent bowel movements normal?

Girly123

Reaction score
Well I am having a lot of nausea and sickness but today I can't stop going to the loo either. It isn't diorehia but when I need to go it is that urgent that I need to go then. I think I have been for 4 or 5 today already and only been up 6 hours. Is this normal? X

While most people get constipated, any change in bowl movements is normal and not at all a cause for concern.

4 or 5 is a lot! Sounds annoying! lol But if you're eating more fruits and veggies because you're pregnant that can add to it, and if you're taking prenatals, many of them have stool softeners in them because many ladies get constipated. (i'm not by any means saying you should stop doing those things, I'm just saying it can be part of why)

I would of course still tell your doctor just so they know what's going on with you.

and be SUPER EXTRA sure to be drinking LOTS AND LOTS of water.

Side note; if it does turn to diarrhea for more than a couple days, that is more of a reason to contact the doctor. It's not horrible or anything, but it's something they say you should be sure to reach out about.

I had this before my BFP each time and it was the first sign I was pregnant, I had it for a good few weeks. Ive now gone the other way eughh x

I had this with my son. Instead of constipation like everyone warns you about, I had loose bowel movements. I get it during ovulation too so I think it has to do with hormones. In pregnancy it can go either way, and it can switch at any time as well. I ended up becoming plugged up by the end with DS.

I had this with my first too!! Started pretty much right away and didn't go away until 8 months after I have birth (when I got my first period back after breast feeding!!) All hormone related I guess!!! It's def annoying but I'd say normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->