Frequent reduced movement 35 weeks..

Holmarie12

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wanting some advice/experiences if anyone has any..

I’m 35 weeks with my 4th baby and have had 5 episodes of reduced movement since 29 weeks.
I’ve just called up as he’s stopped moving again have only felt him twice all day so I’m going in again shortly with the 6th episode.

I’ve had multiple doppler scans/growth scans which are fine, ctg monitoring which is also fine the only issue with that is they can’t quite hold baby’s heartrate so the poor midwife has to stand and hold the machine on my stomach wirg pressure the whole time otherwise it doesn’t register. They have no idea how he’s positioned because they can’t feel him that well , although he’s estimate to be about 5lb 9 at 35 weeks which is a really good size on 50th centile.

I’ve got anterior placenta however all of my pregnancies the placenta has been anterior and I’ve never had issues with reduced movements in any other pregnancies , this baby doesn’t seem to have any pattern whatsoever and hardly ever moves and I’m starting to get panicky the closer I get to my due date.

I’m already booked for induction at 39 weeks but I’m terrified of anything happening in the meantime, I feel stupid but all of my babies have been nice and active all movements fine never any issues and I’m high risk which makes me more high risk for still births etc.

Has anyone been in this situation? It’s driving me insane.
TIA X

With that many bouts I’d personally be asking to speak to someone about more frequent monitoring or them doing something sooner another 4 weeks of that could be very stressful

I would contact your midwife and ask to be checked out.

I’m going through the same thing hun also have an anterior placenta whisch is covering the whole front of my bump in the centre.

I’m on 2 x weekly ctgs and a scan every 2 weeks. Ctgs and scans have been fine so far. consultant has already said she will induce at 37 weeks and I’m 30 just now so 7 more weeks of this to go. However she did say if anyone changes on ctg or scan she will whip him out pronto.

I should prob feel reassured with all the monitoring but truthfully I’m not it’s like a living hell everyday xx

Thank yous all.
It’s really nerve wracking because I’ve never had this issue before, he hasn’t developed a pattern and just completely goes still for hours and hours and a time.
They did say my placenta is likely cushioning his movements however I’ve always had anterior placentas and always felt movement fine never any issues.
I have to go back today for another ctg monitoring.
Another 4 weeks of this will be hell xx

Thank yous all.
It’s really nerve wracking because I’ve never had this issue before, he hasn’t developed a pattern and just completely goes still for hours and hours and a time.
They did say my placenta is likely cushioning his movements however I’ve always had anterior placentas and always felt movement fine never any issues.
I have to go back today for another ctg monitoring.
Another 4 weeks of this will be hell xx
When there id ask for frequent ctg and possibly ask about induction at 37 weeks. The placenta shouldn’t cushion it that much. I have a anterior placenta and it hasn’t caused an issue for me

My reduced movement started at 36 weeks. I was up 3 times because I hadn’t felt movement. Scans etc were all absolutely fine, but I just didn’t feel comfortable. The day I hit 37 weeks I went up again with reduced movement and they said because I was classified as full term they could offer induction which I accepted. I felt the stress of baby not moving was worse than him being born a couple of weeks earlier than planned. Good luck x

So I’ve been back at the hospital today.
I’m almost 36 weeks now, 6th episode of reduced movement.
They were going to admit me for 6 hourly monitoring but it’s physically impossible as I have 3 kids at home already and barely any help with them so the plan is for a Doppler scan Thursday, monitoring Friday, another Doppler next week and see where we go from there.
On ctg he’s fine he had a quiet half an hour then he woke up with a sugary drink but barley moves, it’s making me really anxious but I’m happy to keep going back and forth for scans and monitoring.
If they offer induction at 37 weeks I will definitely take it as I’d rather him in my arms than have this anxiety and worry for another so many weeks xx

So sorry about the worry :hugs:
Hopefully they will give you an induction date.

Sorry you are so stressed, you can push for a 37 week induction don’t wait for them to suggest it :hugs:

Thank you so much for your support!
I think that’s what I’m going to do push for 37 weeks induction, I can’t relax it’s driving me mad and I’ve got 3 to care for already I can’t focus because I’m so petrified of losing him x

So sorry about all this worry hon.
I had a few episodes of reduced movements with a previous pregnancy and was being monitored alot. Baby was always fine on monitor but it still don't stop u worrying.
U cud push for a 37 weeks induction but it won't be easy. My pregnancy consultant was wanting me to go 38 weeks even tho I'm extremely high risk and I've had a liver transplant.
I'm also on the cusp of ICP and have had bad itching since 14 weeks.
But he still wanted me to go to 38 weeks.
Thank fully I had a last minute liver consultant appointment last week and he was not happy about 38 weeks and said 37 weeks.
So now I'm being induced at 37 weeks but I still don't have my date yet.

Hope they do agree to induce u ealier than 39 tho because that's still a long way to go being worried.
Just stress to them it's effecting ure mental health and u suffering bad anxiety.
Hope they listen.

Not sure if u know. But we have a September due date group in the pregnancy groups and discussions section.
Feel free to join we are all there to support each other.
And it will be nice having some more labies there.

I experienced reduced movement with my second baby. I think the first episode was around 33 weeks. My belly was also measuring behind/small - and they actually sent me for a growth scan (which looked fine at that time).
I then had several more episodes of reduced movement (I think around 35 weeks, and again at 37 weeks). When I went in to be checked at 37 weeks (after calling up about not feeling him move much), they sent me for another scan - I was also still measuring small in the belly. The scan showed that there was basically no fluid left around baby (& my waters hadnt broken at all), so it was basically suggestive that the placenta was no longer working as affectively, and they encouraged me to get induced at exactly 38 weeks - which I did, and he was born healthy.

Sorry you're going through all that worry!! Its so stressful, especially when they have repeated episodes of it. Hopefully you can continue to have regular checks before induction to ease your worry a little. I def think it sounds like bringing induction forward is a good idea :hug:

Thank you for all your replies.
I had a Doppler scan yesterday morning which was fine , baby was fine took her a few attempts to get a good cord blood flow measurement thing but she got it in the end and said she doesn’t know whether he’s playing with his cord or something.
I had a monitoring today which was fine, still had not much movement and the doctor has decided to bring my final scan forward by a week so it will be a week today and I’ll be 37 weeks.
She said they will make a plan following that growth scan.
Thank you for everyone’s help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"